Are you a woman business owner or a woman who is thinking of becoming an entrepreneur? If so, this page can help you find information to start, manage and grow your business. You will also find information and links to programs and business support organizations specifically for women entrepreneurs.
Table of Contents
Financing for women
If you’ve got two minutes, we can match your business with the best-fitting programs and services from across the federal, provincial and territorial governments.
In addition, these specific financing programs are for women who are starting or growing their business.
- PARO Centre for Women's EnterpriseOnly Applies to : OntarioAs a woman entrepreneur in Northern Ontario, you can find coaching, training and peer lending programs to start or grow your business.
- Femmessor — Réussir en affairesOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could obtain funding, training or mentoring for a project relating to the acquisition, start-up, expansion or consolidation of a business.
- Alberta Women EntrepreneursOnly Applies to : AlbertaAs a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Women's Enterprise Centre (Manitoba)Only Applies to : ManitobaAre you a woman entrepreneur looking to start, expand or purchase a business? Get help to improve your business skills and acquire financing.
- Women's Enterprise Centre (British Columbia)Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you are a woman living in British Columbia, you could get a loan to start, grow or buy a business.
- Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan Inc.Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are a woman living in Saskatchewan, you could get a loan, advice, training, referrals and more to start, grow or buy a business.
- Microlending for Women in Ontario ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioAs a woman entrepreneur, you may be eligible for business support training and microloans to help you start your business.
- BDC — Woman entrepreneur
Are you a woman entrepreneur looking to grow your business? These financing and advisory services may help you.
Support organizations for women entrepreneurs
Connect with business advisors and peers who can help you develop your skills and achieve your business goals. These organizations may also offer business resources, mentorship and networking opportunities to help get you started.
- WBE Canada CertificationOnly Applies to : CanadaFind out how your business can be certified as a Women Business Enterprise in order to increase your access to contract opportunities in Canada and abroad.
- PEI Business Women's AssociationOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandAre you a female entrepreneur on Prince Edward Island? Find out how you can join this network of empowered and inspiring women from across the province.
- Women in Business New BrunswickOnly Applies to : New BrunswickIf you are a woman who owns at least half of your business, you can access support and resources to help your business grow and succeed.
- Women's Policy OfficeOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind out about gender equity related activities, violence prevention initiatives, and statistics and research on issues affecting women.
- Business Women in International Trade
Find key contacts, trade events, market opportunities and export advice from experienced businesswomen.
If you are an entrepreneurial mom looking to be empowered, connect and learn from other mompreneurs across Canada.
- Women Entrepreneurship Strategy
Find support to start or grow your women-owned business through access to financing, talent, networks and expertise.
Do you want to find out more about starting, growing or managing your business? Events such as webinars, Twitter chats, tradeshows and networking events may help you learn more on a variety of topics.
Before starting a business it is recommended that you have a solid business plan. Access information on business plans, templates and learn more about doing market research.
- Business planning
Find out how to write a business plan and access templates, sample business plans, market research information and statistics.
- Conducting market research
Learn more about market research, how it can improve your business decisions, and how to conduct a market research campaign.
Find resources that can help you start your business.
- Registering your business
Learn about the requirements for registering your business with different levels of government.
- Naming your business
Choose the right name for your business. Your business name should be unique and easy to remember, and should describe the products and services you provide.
- Choosing and setting up a location
Trying to decide where to locate your business and how to arrange it once you get there? Consider your options.
Learn more about marketing, managing employees and how to run your small business on a day-to-day basis.
- Day-to-day operations
Successfully managing the ups and downs of your daily operations is the backbone of your business.
Discover how to recruit, hire and effectively manage your employees.
- Marketing and sales
How well you market your business and interact with your customers can vastly influence your success.
Discover ways to expand your business, from innovation to entering international markets.
- Selling to governments
Learn how your business can take advantage of contracting opportunities from the federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and foreign governments.
Regulation and Taxation
Find out what permits, licences you may need and regulations you will need to follow in order to successfully run your business.Find out what permits, licences you may need and regulations you will need to follow in order to successfully run your business.
- Provincial and territorial tax information
Get information on provincial and territorial taxes and find out how to collect sales tax from your local and out-of-province customers.
- Permits and licences
Find the federal, provincial/territorial and municipal permits and licences that you may need to start or manage your business.
- Register for a GST/HST account
Get all the information you need to understand how to charge, collect and submit GST/HST.
- Goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax GST/HST
Learn how to register for your GST/HST business account, and how to charge, calculate, report and pay the taxes.
Find the inspiration to start your business! Read these success stories from Canadian women entrepreneurs.
- Date modified: