Checklists and guides for starting a business
Access guides and checklists for starting different types of businesses.
- Business start-up checklist
When you're setting up your business, you need to ensure that all of your bases are covered. Consider the following steps as you navigate through the business start-up phase.
- Child care start-up checklist
Find resources that can help you start a child care business.
- Cleaning business start-up checklist
Learn how this cleaning business checklist can help you implement all the necessary steps you need to take to make your business successful.
- Event and conference planning start-up checklist
Learn about these necessary steps to get your event-planning business started.
- Food truck start-up checklist
Find resources to help you get your food truck business on the right track.
- Landscaping and snow removal start-up checklist
Are you an experienced landscaper or just starting out? Find resources to help you proceed with your landscaping and snow removal business.
- Mobile pet care start-up checklist
Access the necessary steps to get your mobile pet business on the road.
- Personal care services start-up checklist
Thinking of setting up a hair salon or esthetic services business? Find out what you need to start this type of business.
- Restaurant and catering start-up checklist
This restaurant and catering start-up checklist is designed to help you create and implement your recipe for success.
- Senior care start-up checklist
Find resources you need to help you start a senior care business.
- Specialty trade contractor start-up checklist
Use this checklist to help you start your specialty trade contractor business.
- Retail business start-up checklist
Find out what you need to do before opening a brick-and-mortar retail store.
- Indigenous entrepreneurs
Are you an Indigenous entrepreneur or are you thinking of becoming one? Find information to start, manage and grow your business.
- Women entrepreneurs
Are you a woman business owner or a woman who is thinking of becoming an entrepreneur? Find information to help you start, manage and grow your business.
- Buy a business or start your own?
Investigate the pros and cons of buying an existing business versus starting one from scratch.
- Starting a food processing businessOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about government regulations, food safety guidelines, and the contacts you need to start and operate a food processing business in Ontario.
- Connections — An immigrant's guide to starting a business in Nova ScotiaOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaAccess this comprehensive guide for information on the Nova Scotia business culture and how to start a business in this province.
- Tourism business development guidesOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaDownload a series of free tourism development manuals that can help you start or run your Nova Scotia tourism business.
- Business tools, strategies, reports and resources for the tourism industryOnly Applies to : OntarioAccess tools, publications and industry resources to help start and run your tourism business in Ontario.
- Small Business Accelerator guidesOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaAccess a collection of downloadable, industry-specific guides to assist with your business planning and start-up.
- Tourism business guidesOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an entrepreneur in the tourism industry, these guides can help you with related regulations and permits, business planning, and financing.
- New farm establishmentsOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you want to start an agriculture and agri-food business in Quebec? Access a wide range of information to help you with your business project.
- CRA checklist for new small businesses
Use this checklist from the Canada Revenue Agency to help you understand each stage of the lifecycle of your business.
- Date modified: