Tax refund for power takeoff equipment

Ministry of Finance, Government of Ontario • Applies only to: Ontario

You may receive a tax refund if you paid tax on fuel for a licensed motor vehicle that powers auxiliary equipment. To qualify, your equipment should:

  • Draw power from a motor vehicle
  • Be used in Ontario for business purposes
  • Not be used for recreation or to transport passengers
  • Not propel the motor vehicle

You need to file your claim within 4 years of paying the tax.

Other conditions apply.

Date modified: