Self-Employment Program (Nova Scotia)
If you are unemployed, and are receiving or have recently received Employment Insurance benefits, you could get support and training to start a business while still receiving Employment Insurance benefits.
You can get:
- Help with business plan development
- Business counseling and mentoring
- Help with living expenses if you are not currently receiving EI benefits
You need to:
- Have a good idea for starting or buying a business
- Show proof of personal financial investment in the business
- Devote 35 hours per week to your plan
Other eligibility criteria and benefit details apply.