Farm Property Class Tax Rate Program
To be eligible to save 75% of the municipal residential tax rate on your farm property, you must:
- Verify that your property is considered farmland according to the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
- Earn more than $7,000 per year in gross farm income (some exceptions apply)
- Hold a valid Farm Business Registration number
- Validate that your farm is more than 50% owned by Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Submit a multi-year application form from the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Other conditions apply.