Closing accounts

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Government of Canada

When you decide to close your business and no longer need your Business Number (BN), you need to complete certain Canada Revenue Agency forms relating to:

  • Payroll
  • Corporate income tax

This applies to your business, whether it is a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation. Only once these forms are completed can your CRA business account be closed.

This CRA page provides details on what is required, the forms, and background publications.

Date modified: