Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
As an Indigenous entrepreneur, you could get a loan or equity investments for your business, or have access to counselling and mentoring.
To apply, you need to:
- Have a business plan that shows the business will be profitable
- Contribute your own equity as a portion of the total financing
- Have adequate collateral security and an acceptable credit rating
- Be a Status Indian who has resided in Alberta for at least one year
- Own at least 51% of any shares (if a corporation or partnership) and be active in managing the business
- Have a head office located in Alberta
Other conditions apply.