Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Government of Canada • Applies only to: Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickQuebecOntarioManitobaSaskatchewanAlbertaBritish ColumbiaYukon

If you are a Canadian agricultural producer, you could get insurance to help cover the loss when your net earnings fall below 70% of your recent average.

To be eligible, you should:

  • Farm at least 6 straight months during the year for which you apply
  • Report your farming income to the Canada Revenue Agency
  • Finish a production cycle (or try to finish it) in the year you apply
  • Pay the fee

Other conditions apply.

In some regions, the program is delivered by the provincial government. See the website for contact information.

Date modified: