Hiring foreign workers
If your business is facing a labour shortage, or you are unable to find the talent your business needs, why not look outside of Canada? The following programs can help you hire the right match for your business.
If your business is facing a labour shortage, you could hire a foreign worker to fill the gap. The worker must have a valid permit to work in Canada, and other conditions may apply. Find out more:
- Hireimmigrants.ca Roadmap
Find information and resources to help you find and hire skilled immigrants to fill positions in your business in Canada.
- Hiring foreign workers — Construction industry
Find out how to assess foreign experience, skills and credentials. Learn how to make job offers, develop orientation programs, and retain workers.
- Hire foreign workers
If you're interested in hiring foreign workers on a permanent or temporary basis, find out which program is best for your business needs and access related information.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program
Learn how you can hire a foreign worker on a temporary basis when Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not available to do the job.
- Express Entry
Express Entry aims to facilitate matches between Canadian businesses and skilled immigrants who wish to work in Canada permanently.
Many provinces and territories have nominee programs where the government nominates individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada and settle in that particular province or territory. Some programs aim to attract foreign investors and entrepreneurs from around the world, while others serve to fill labour gaps that businesses may be facing.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee ProgramOnly Applies to : AlbertaRecruit foreign workers to fill positions in your organization and help immigrant employees become permanent residents of Canada.
- BC Provincial Nominee Program — Entrepreneur ImmigrationOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you are an entrepreneur ready to invest and actively manage a business in BC, you can apply to become a permanent resident.
- Provincial Nominee Program for Business (Manitoba)Only Applies to : ManitobaImmigrate to Manitoba and be your own boss! Manitoba is open for business.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorRecruit skilled worker immigrants for your Newfoundland and Labrador business.
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program — Skilled Worker streamOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou may be able to fill the labour gap at your business by recruiting a skilled immigrant.
Prince Edward Island
- Provincial Nominee Program — Business Impact CategoryOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf you plan to immigrate to Canada, you could be chosen to become a permanent resident if you start or buy a business in Prince Edward Island.
- International recruitment — hiring a foreign workerOnly Applies to : QuebecFind out how to hire a foreign worker, either permanently or temporarily, to fill your labour shortage.
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program for employersOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you an employer unable to fill your labour needs domestically?
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program — EntrepreneursOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYou may be able to immigrate to Canada if you chose to start, obtain or partner in a business in Saskatchewan, while residing in the province.
- Yukon Business Nominee ProgramOnly Applies to : YukonAre you interested in immigrating to the Yukon to start a business? Find out more on how to qualify for this program.
Internationally trained workers
Hiring foreign workers can help you fill labour needs when no Canadian citizens or permanent residents are available to fill the positions. These workers are a valuable source of skills and talent, and integrating them into your workforce can show your organization's connection to your community.
- International Qualifications Assessment ServiceOnly Applies to : AlbertaDetermine how your education or your employees' education from outside of Canada compares with Alberta's educational standards.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (New Brunswick)Only Applies to : New BrunswickGet help attracting and retaining skilled foreign talent or international students to work at your business.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (Newfoundland and Labrador)Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorGet help attracting and retaining skilled foreign talent or international students to work at your business.
- Nova Scotia Immigration: Help for EmployersOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaFind out how to recruit and hire an international worker, and how to prepare your business workplace to welcome the new permanent or temporary employee.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (Nova Scotia)Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaGet help attracting and retaining skilled foreign talent or international students to work at your business.
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program: EmployersOnly Applies to : OntarioConsider hiring skilled foreign workers and international students for your business.
Prince Edward Island
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (Prince Edward Island)Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandGet help attracting and retaining skilled foreign talent or international students to work at your business.
- Interconnection ProgramOnly Applies to : QuebecMeet qualified, experienced newcomers with skills in your field.
- Date modified: