Is your business as productive as you would like it to be? As a business owner you may feel that working longer hours and working faster will increase the productivity of your business. What if you could get the same results in less time? The following information can help you work smarter and more efficiently.
- Improving your productivity with technology
Find programs and resources to help you adopt and use information and communications technologies in your business.
- GO Productivity
Find out about the latest in productivity improvement tools, benchmarking, resources, events and services.
- Working smarter: Strategies for improving business productivity
How innovative is your company? Find out how to work smarter and improve the efficiency of your business.
- BDC Canadian business productivity benchmarking tool
Find out in just a few minutes where you stand compared to other Canadian businesses in your industry.
Financing for productivity
Use our government grants and financing search to find financing programs that will help you increase your productivity.
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship DevelopmentOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New Brunswick Quebec Ontario Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta British ColumbiaApply for financing to start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Aboriginal Business Development ProgramOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you are a member of the First Nations in Quebec, you could receive a non-refundable contribution to support the development of your business.
- Aboriginal Initiatives Fund IIIOnly Applies to : QuebecYour for-profit or non-profit Indigenous organization could be eligible for a grant for its economic development project.
- Aboriginal Tourism Development Funding Support ProgramOnly Applies to : CanadaYou could get up to $10,000 for a project that is designed to help your Aboriginal tourism business move towards market or export readiness.
- Agri-Food Market and Product Development ProgramOnly Applies to : New BrunswickGet financing to expand provincial market opportunities and increase the sale and consumption of agri-food products manufactured in New Brunswick.
- Agriculture Development FundOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanAccess funding for your agriculture or value added processing research project.
- Aide au fonctionnement pour les médias communautairesOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you run an organization that operates community media and is looking for assistance in carrying out its mission and action plan? You may be eligible for funding.
- ATB BoostROnly Applies to : AlbertaThis crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Women EntrepreneursOnly Applies to : AlbertaAs a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- Aquaculture Capital Equity ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorYour aquaculture business could be eligible for a government investment to match a private sector cash investment.
- Aquaculture Loan ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — FinancingOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur Loan
As an Indigenous entrepreneur, you could get money to help start or grow your business.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing businessOnly Applies to : CanadaGet a loan of up to $100,000 within 5 business days. There are no application fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- BDC Technology financing — Information and communications technology loan
Find out how you could get a loan to help buy or upgrade information and communications technology for your business.
- Bioenterprise Seed Funding ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioHas your business developed a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation in Southern Ontario? You could access seed financing and business coaching.
- Business growth and competitiveness — Youth internshipsOnly Applies to : OntarioIf your business is in Northern Ontario, you could get help to hire a recent graduate to work on your projects.
- Business Investment FundOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNeed financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province's strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Canada Book Fund
You could receive financial assistance for your Canadian book publishing business.
- Canada Feature Film Fund
If you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
Access funds for your small business with the help of this loan guarantee program.
- CBDC General Business LoanOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickIf you’re an entrepreneur living in a rural community in Atlantic Canada, you could get help to expand your existing business or buy a new one.
- CBDC Innovation LoanOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickIf you're an entrepreneur living in rural Atlantic Canada, you could get help to support your innovative projects.
- Collaboration Voucher ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Community Capacity FundOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYour not-for-profit organization may be eligible to receive financing to assist in planning rural development initiatives.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small business loansOnly Applies to : AlbertaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneursOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures ManitobaOnly Applies to : ManitobaFind out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program (NWT)Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesIf you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the NWT, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businessesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Consultant Advisory Services ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorYou can access up to $5,000 to hire a consultant to help with an issue or a challenge faced by your SME or non-profit organization.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistanceOnly Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- Dairy Farm Investment Program
Licenced cow's milk producers can apply for funding to improve productivity.
- Dairy Processing Investment Fund
Dairy processors can apply for funding to increase productivity and competitiveness, and prepare for market changes resulting from CETA.
- Development CapitalOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could receive funding of $5 million or more for your growth project.
- Eastern Ontario Development ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development FundOnly Applies to : Yukon Northwest Territories NunavutIf you are Aboriginal and live in the territories, you could get financing to start or grow a business.
- Environmental Youth Corps internship program
Thinking of hiring a graduate for a position related to the environment? You may be eligible for a wage subsidy.
- ESSOR — Forestry Business ComponentOnly Applies to : QuebecWant to increase the operational efficiency of your business? You could get a loan guarantee for the acquisition or replacement of forestry equipment.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for development projectsOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could get funding to create a new business, or to upgrade your processes or facilities.
- Femmessor — Réussir en affairesOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could obtain funding, training or mentoring for a project relating to the acquisition, start-up, expansion or consolidation of a business.
- FIJE FundOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you are a woman, an immigrant or a young entrepreneur of the Haute-Yamaska region, you could get a loan of up to $50,000 for your business project.
- Financial assistance for music production and variety programmingOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you own a music, entertainment-production, or artist management company? If so, you could get a grant for your commercial activities.
- Financial Assistance Program for the Development of Private WoodlotsOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you are a recognized forestry producer, you could get financial and technical assistance to carry out forestry operations in private forests.
- Financial support for agricultural fairsOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could receive financial assistance to carry out your agricultural fair project.
- Financial support for aspiring farmersOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you are a Quebec farmer and want to take over an existing farm or start a new one, this funding might be for you.
- Financing for collective entrepreneurship Only Applies to : QuebecYour cooperative or non-profit organization could receive a loan for your acquisition, growth, reorganization, or consolidation projects.
- Financing program for cultural businessesOnly Applies to : QuebecExplore loans and financial tools that may help you carry out a development or rehabilitation project for your cultural business.
- Fisheries loansOnly Applies to : New BrunswickAre you a commercial fisher? You could get a loan to help pay for a fishing boat or other fishing equipment.
- Seafood Innovation and Transition ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorIf your fisheries-related business or organization is transitioning from shellfish to groundfish, you could be eligible for funding.
- Fonds de diversification économique de la MRC des AppalachesOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you starting or growing a business in the Des Appalaches MRC? If so, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
- Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la MauricieOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Centre-du-Québec and Mauricie regions? You could get financial support.
- Fonds de diversification économique — MRC des SourcesOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Regional County Municipality of Des Sources? You could get financial assistance.
- Fonds d'investissement de la culture et des communicationsOnly Applies to : QuebecBenefit from this funding if your business creates, produces and distributes cultural content, and offers technical/technological support to content businesses.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakersOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Saskatchewan art and creative grantsOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you a Saskatchewan resident looking for funding or professional development in the arts? Learn about the various programs available to entrepreneurs.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — CommercializationOnly Applies to : ManitobaIf you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- Indian Agricultural Program of OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you are Indigenous and run an agricultural-related business, you may qualify for a variety of loans.
- Information Technology Implementation ProgramOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive financing to implement information technology solutions and strategies for your export-oriented business.
- Information Technology PlanningOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive a non-repayable grant to cover the cost of acquiring technical support for your PEI business.
- Innovation Rebate ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a 25% rebate on projects valued up to $15 million that will increase the global competitiveness of your business.
- Investing in Business Growth and ProductivityOnly Applies to : OntarioYour established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Investment Agriculture Foundation funding programsOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you are part of the agriculture and food processing industry in BC, you could be eligible for funding.
- Creative Saskatchewan Investment ProgramsOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are an artist or creative producer in Saskatchewan with a product ready to sell, you can apply to receive a grant to support your efforts.
- Jobs and Prosperity FundOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help with business projects that will enhance productivity and help you compete in the global marketplace.
- Le Fonds ADM / 375 idéesOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you a Montreal entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 40? If so, you can receive a loan to start or grow your business.
- Makigiaqvik LoansOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you have an Inuit-owned business and are living in the Qikiqtani region, you may be eligible for a loan of up to $50,000.
- Manufacturing and Processing AssistanceOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandFind out about term financing and lines of credit for your manufacturing and processing business.
- Market Development, Product Enhancement and Diversification ProgramOnly Applies to : New BrunswickIf you work in New Brunswick's agri-food industry, you may be eligible for financial assistance to target and/or expand export markets.
- Métis Assistance Program (Saskatchewan)Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are a Métis business owner in Saskatchewan, learn how you could get up to 40% of your project costs covered.
- Métis Voyageur Development FundOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you are Métis, your Ontario-based business may be eligible for loans up to $1M with better rates and fewer restrictions than with commercial lenders.
- Micro-Loan ProgramOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive financing to help start or expand your PEI-based business.
- Music PEI Funding ProgramOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf you are a musical artist from PEI, you may apply for a grant to assist you in developing your craft.
- New Business Growth ProgramOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf you are an established musician in PEI, you could get help in developing your career, particularly through revenue streams.
- Northern community capacity building program (Northern Ontario)Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $100,000 to support certain types of business-related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. Payroll RebateOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou could receive a payroll rebate for your knowledge-based, growth sector-oriented project.
- NutressorOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you are planning growth projects for your agri-food business, you could be eligible for adapted funding and support services.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social EnterprisesOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario film and television fundingOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could be eligible for funding to help your Canadian corporation develop, produce and export Ontario films and television shows.
- Ontario Labour Market PartnershipsOnly Applies to : OntarioYou can apply for funding to deal with labour force changes.
- Ontario Media Development Corporation tax creditsOnly Applies to : OntarioYour Ontario-based, cultural media production corporation could be eligible to receive refundable tax credits for some of your production expenses.
- PEI Product Development AssistanceOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financing to help you generate new products, add value to existing products, and create new markets through BIO|FOOD|TECH.
- Productivity and Innovation Voucher ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaGet help valued up to $25,000 from a Nova Scotia university or college to make your business more productive and innovative.
- Productivity Improvement AssistanceOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could get money to hire experts to show you how to make your manufacturing, processing or export business more productive.
- Programme d'aide à l'adaptation numérique des entreprises de la presse d'information écriteOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you operate a print media enterprise? If so, you may be eligible for financial assistance to initiate or continue with digitalization.
- Programme d'aide financière pour la promotion du français 2017-2021Only Applies to : QuebecYou can receive financial assistance to carry out a project that will expand the use and development of the French language in your business.
- Programme d'apprentissage en milieu de travailOnly Applies to : QuebecTo enhance the skills of your employees, you can use the expertise of your most experienced employees to train workers with less experience.
- Programme d'immobilisation en entrepreneuriat collectifOnly Applies to : QuebecYour social enterprise may be eligible for a grant to help you renovate, build or acquire a building.
- Programme PME en action — Appui à la concrétisation de projets d'investissementOnly Applies to : CanadaLooking to invest in Quebec's manufacturing or major services industries? You could receive funding for your feasibility studies and market analysis.
- Programme PME en action — Appui à la productivité des PMEOnly Applies to : QuebecIf your business is part of the manufacturing or major services sector, you could get funding to grow your business and implement targeted business practices.
- Provincial Agrifoods Assistance ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorGet funding to diversify and expand your primary or secondary processing operation in the agriculture or agrifood industry.
- Quality Improvement AssistanceOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financing to enhance trade and export opportunities and improve your competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- Quebec Economic Development ProgramOnly Applies to : QuebecFind out about financial and other resources that can help you develop your Quebec business.
- Regional Development FundOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNeed to enhance skills essential for regional economic development? If you run a non-profit organization in Newfoundland and Labrador, you could be eligible for funding.
- Saskatchewan Petroleum Research IncentiveOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanIf your organization conducts research, development and demonstration of new technologies for the oil and gas sector, you could receive an incentive.
- SaskWorks Venture FundOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYou may be able to attract an equity investment from potential investors by offering them a tax credit equal to 35% of their investment.
- Sivummut Grants to Small BusinessesOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you live in the Baffin (Qikiqtaaluk) region of Nunavut, you could get up to $25,000 to start or grow a business.
- SolunovOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you would like to implement an innovative solution into your business, you could benefit from coaching assistance as well as funding.
- Strategic Industries Development FundOnly Applies to : YukonIf your business undertakes a strategic industry-related project, you may be eligible for funding if the project provides positive economic outcomes.
- Strategic Innovation Fund — Streams 1, 2 and 3
You may be eligible for a financial contribution to enhance productivity and support R&D, investment, and growth.
- Strategic Investments ProgramOnly Applies to : NunavutYou could get funding to start or grow a business, or to help build Nunavut's economy if you run a not-for-profit corporation or society.
- Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic DevelopmentOnly Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesYou may be eligible to receive financial support to start a new business or improve your business' capacity.
- Support for Québec Farm Business DevelopmentOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you run development projects for your agriculture and agri-food business, you could be eligible for an investment grant.
- Targeted Manufacturing Initiative for Northern OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business in Northern Ontario with 500 or fewer employees, you could access repayable funding.
- Tax credit for the design of factory-made products (industrial design component)Only Applies to : QuebecYour business could get help to carry out industrial design work and make its products more competitive.
- Toronto Enterprise FundOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could receive funding to start or manage a social enterprise that provides employment or training for socially marginalized people.
- Tourism development north of the 49th parallelOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you have a tourism development project to be carried out north of the 49th parallel? If so, you could be eligible for funding.
- SMBs and Large Corporations — Project FinancingOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could get a loan, a loan guarantee or financing in "quasi-equity" for up to 100% of project costs related to the growth of your business.
- Vessel Loan ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a loan to purchase, build or modify your fishing vessel.
- Western Innovation (WINN) InitiativeOnly Applies to : Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta British ColumbiaYour Western business could get financial assistance to bring innovative products, processes and services to market.
- Wildlife, Destination North ProgramOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you developing a wildlife project in Plan Nord territory? If so, you could be eligible for funding.
- Workforce training measuresOnly Applies to : QuebecYour business could receive technical or financial assistance for your employee training projects.
- Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills IncentiveOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou can apply for funding to train your employees and help boost productivity.
- Yukon Agriculture DevelopmentOnly Applies to : YukonYou could receive funding to develop agricultural projects that can improve the economic conditions of your region.
- Yukon Underutilized Land ProgramOnly Applies to : YukonReceive up to $250 per hectare to revive your farm land and up to $0.50 per linear foot to rebuild certain fences.
- Date modified: