Do you operate a business that produces goods or services that are used to measure, prevent, limit or correct environmental damage? Damage such as pollution, contamination, and destruction affects the water, air and soil and can create problems related to waste, noise and ecosystems.
Environment-related businesses use resource-efficient or clean technologies that:
- Reduce material inputs
- Reduce energy consumption
- Reduce harmful emissions
- Recover valuable by-products
- Minimize waste disposal problems
If your business undertakes any of these activities, there are many available resources to help you with everything from product labelling to investment opportunities.
- Permits and licences
Find the federal, provincial/territorial and municipal permits and licences that you may need to start or manage your business.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry AssociationOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorAccess resources, services and networking opportunities that can help you grow and advance your environmental business.
- How to write an environmental policy
Discover the benefits of having an environmental policy. Find out how to select the right format and content.
- Energy-efficient products
If you are a manufacturer or a retailer of energy-efficient products, you must ensure your products meet efficiency and labelling standards.
- Emerging Renewable Power Program
You could be eligible for funding if your business conducts a utility-led project designed to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Climate Action Fund
You could get up to $500,000 to cover education, outreach and networking expenses for a project that supports climate action and awareness activities.
- Environmental Damages Fund
If your business partners with an eligible group, you could receive funding to address environment damage.
- Lake Winnipeg Basin Program
You could receive funding to carry out a nutrient reduction project in the Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta portions of the Lake Winnipeg Basin.
- Atlantic Ecosystems Initiatives Funding ProgramOnly Applies to : New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Nova Scotia Prince Edward IslandWorking on a water quality project in Atlantic Canada? If you have a business, consider partnering with an eligible applicant who can apply for funding.
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
Are you working on projects that contribute to water quality or climate change? If you have a business, consider partnering with an eligible applicant who can apply for funding.
- Value-Added Manufacturing fundingOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou could receive funding of up to 50% of eligible start-up costs related to your diverted-waste innovation.
- Environmental technology verification
Find out how you can get your new environmental technology accepted, both nationally and internationally.
- Date modified: