Financing for innovation
Are you looking to finance your innovation activities? Whether you're working on products or services at the research and development phase, or looking to market your innovation at the commercialization stage, there are a number of government programs available to help you. Find out if you qualify.
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship DevelopmentOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New Brunswick Quebec Ontario Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta British ColumbiaApply for financing to start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Accessible Technology Program
Is your business developing new assistive devices and technologies? You could get funding of up to $4 million.
- Agriculture Development FundOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanAccess funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Agriculture Direct LoansOnly Applies to : New BrunswickGet a loan for a project of strategic importance to the province's agricultural sector.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation LendingOnly Applies to : AlbertaAccess loans and services to start or grow farm, agribusiness or other small business.
- AgriInnovate Program
Get funding to demonstrate, adopt or commercialize your innovative agri-sector projects.
- ATB BoostROnly Applies to : AlbertaThis crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts GrantsOnly Applies to : AlbertaLearn about grants and resources for artists in Alberta.
- Alberta Indian Investment CorporationOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an Indigenous entrepreneur seeking financing and business support, learn about loans, equity investments and services available to you.
- Industry r&D AssociatesOnly Applies to : AlbertaYou could get financial help to hire an r&D Associate to conduct research and related activities for your business.
- Alberta Investor Tax CreditOnly Applies to : AlbertaAttract investors to your small business in Alberta by telling them about the 30% tax credit.
- Alberta Media FundOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you publish books or magazines, or produce films or sound recordings, you could get a grant to fund new projects and cover eligible expenses.
- Alberta Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit ProgramOnly Applies to : AlbertaYour corporation may be able to receive a tax credit for scientific research and experimental development expenditures incurred in Alberta.
- Apeetogosan (Métis) Development Inc.Only Applies to : AlbertaAre you an established or budding entrepreneur seeking financing and business support services? If so, learn about direct business financing, equity investments, and business services.
- Applied Research and Development Grants
You could receive funding of up to $150,000 when you partner with an eligible Canadian college to develop clean technologies.
- Aquaculture Collaborative Research and Development Program
By collaborating with government researchers, you could increase your business' scientific capacity for projects relating to fish health and environmental performance.
- Aquaculture Loan ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Atlantic Association of Community Business Development CorporationsOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickIf you live in a rural region of Atlantic Canada, you can access business counselling, financing and training to help start or grow your business.
- Atlantic Ecosystems Initiatives Funding ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickWorking on a water quality project in Atlantic Canada? If you have a business, consider partnering with an eligible applicant who can apply for funding.
- Atlantic Fisheries FundOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickYou can apply to receive funding for initiatives aimed at increasing the availability of sustainable, high quality and high value fish and seafood.
- Atlantic Innovation FundOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickIf your business is in the Atlantic provinces, you could get funding to develop new technology.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — FinancingOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- AVAC Ltd.Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you operate a new Alberta agricultural business, you can apply for money for R&D and to help you market your product or service.
- BC Scientific Research & Experimental Development Tax CreditOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you run a Canadian-owned private company in BC that conducts scientific research & experimental development, you may qualify for a tax credit.
- BC Tech Co-op Grants ProgramOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaIf your business operates in the technology sector, you may be eligible for a grant to hire a BC co-op student.
- BDC Capital
Access a wide range of specialized financing to match the various stages of growth of your business.
- BDC business loans
You could get money to help you start or grow your business.
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur Loan
As an Indigenous entrepreneur, you could get money to help start or grow your business.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing businessOnly Applies to : CanadaGet a loan of up to $100,000 within 5 business days. There are no application fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- Bioenterprise Seed Funding ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioHas your business developed a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation in Southern Ontario? You could access seed financing and business coaching.
- Business Development ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickAccess funds to start, expand or improve your business in Atlantic Canada.
- Business Investment FundOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNeed financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province's strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Canada Feature Film Fund
If you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Media Fund
If you are involved in the Canadian television or digital media industries, you may be eligible for funding.
- Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program
You could get up to $1 million for industry-led projects that help the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector.
- Canadian Agriculture Partnership — AgriScience Program
Funding may be available for your not-for-profit corporation for pre-commercial science activities or research in the agriculture and agri-food sectors.
- Capital Intelligent MtlOnly Applies to : QuebecIf your business provides innovative urban solutions, you could benefit from up to $5 million in capital funding.
- CBDC Innovation LoanOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickIf you're an entrepreneur living in rural Atlantic Canada, you could get help to support your innovative projects.
- Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN)
Is your next-generation communication solutions project ready for commercialization? You could qualify for support valued up to $100,000.
- Clean Growth Program
If you operate a clean technology or natural resources business you may eligible for funding for your cleantech project.
- Collaboration Voucher ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Collaborative Research and Development Grants
You could get a university to help you with your research project in natural sciences or engineering if you contribute half the costs of the project.
- Commercialization Officer Internship and Directed Research ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorYou could get funding to hire an intern to help commercialize your advanced technologies.
- Commercialization Support for Business ProgramOnly Applies to : ManitobaApply for financial help to commercialize innovative products that aren't yet being manufactured in the province.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small business loansOnly Applies to : AlbertaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneursOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures ManitobaOnly Applies to : ManitobaFind out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program (NWT)Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesIf you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the NWT, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Program (Quebec)Only Applies to : QuebecGet funding for starting or growing a business in a designated rural or suburban area of the province of Quebec.
- Community Futures Program (Ontario)Only Applies to : OntarioYou could receive funding to start or grow your business in rural Ontario.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businessesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Community Futures Treaty Seven — Business developmentOnly Applies to : AlbertaAre you an Aboriginal entrepreneur wishing to start or grow your business? You may be eligible for a business loan.
- Community Investment Program
Your not-for-profit organization can apply for a grant of up to $100,000 to help enhance the Internet for Canadians.
- Connect to Innovate
If your business operates in a rural or remote community, you can apply for financing to obtain a high-speed Internet connection.
- Conservation FundOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could receive funding for new energy conservation programs and technology for your business.
- Consultant Advisory Services ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorYou can access up to $5,000 to hire a consultant to help with an issue or a challenge faced by your SME or non-profit organization.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistanceOnly Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- Development and Commercialization CompetitionOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financial support for the discovery and development project phases of your innovative PEI business.
- Development of Québec Intellectual Property in the Video Game IndustryOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could receive an equity investment of up to $5 million for your video game development or commercialization projects.
- Digital media tax creditOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaYour media business may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to 50% on the cost of developing interactive digital products.
- Direct Equity Tax Credit ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorInvest in a new or expanding small business in Newfoundland and Labrador and receive a provincial income tax credit.
- Eastern Ontario Development FundOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you run an incorporated business, you could receive project funding that supports business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Eastern Ontario Development ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- EcoAction Community Funding Program
Are you working on projects that contribute to water quality or climate change? If you have a business, consider partnering with an eligible applicant who can apply for funding.
- Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities: FinancingOnly Applies to : ManitobaIf you are a Francophone living in Manitoba, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
- Economic Development Initiative (Southern Ontario)Only Applies to : OntarioFunding may be available for your organization if you provide business support services in French to a Francophone community in southern Ontario.
- Emerging Renewable Power Program
You could be eligible for funding if your business conducts a utility-led project designed to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Engage Grants
If your business operates in Canada, you could receive up to $25,000 when you partner with a college or university to develop valuable technology.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (film and sound industries)Only Applies to : YukonIf your business is involved in the sound or film industry, you can apply for funding of up to $50,000.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (Small Business)Only Applies to : YukonYou could be eligible for funding to open, develop or expand markets or to stimulate Yukon business activities.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for development projectsOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could get funding to create a new business, or to upgrade your processes or facilities.
- Experience Awards
If your research company operates in Canada, you could get up to $4,500 when you hire a natural sciences or engineering student for a 12-16 week term.
- Farm Credit Canada — loans and lending options
You could access flexible financing options for your farming, agri-food or agribusiness operation.
- FedNor Innovation FundOnly Applies to : OntarioIf your business is based in Northern Ontario, you could receive funding towards the adoption and commercialization of new technologies.
- Femmessor — Réussir en affairesOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could obtain funding, training or mentoring for a project relating to the acquisition, start-up, expansion or consolidation of a business.
- Film and video tax creditOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorApply for a refundable provincial corporate income tax credit for your Newfoundland and Labrador film project.
- Yukon Film Development FundOnly Applies to : YukonYour Yukon film business may be eligible for up to $35,000 in non-repayable grants to cover expenses associated with the development of film projects in Yukon.
- Financial programsOnly Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesAre you looking to obtain financing for your business? This program offers term loans, equity, contributions and letters of credit.
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Clean Technology Adoption Program
You could be eligible for funding if you implement clean technologies in your fish or seafood sector activities such as harvesting, aquaculture and processing.
- Seafood Innovation and Transition ProgramOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorIf your fisheries-related business or organization is transitioning from shellfish to groundfish, you could be eligible for funding.
- Fonds de développement économique de la région de la Capitale-NationaleOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could get financial assistance if your project has a structuring effect on the economic development of the Capitale-Nationale region.
- Fonds de diversification économique de la MRC des AppalachesOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you starting or growing a business in the Des Appalaches MRC? If so, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
- Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la MauricieOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Centre-du-Québec and Mauricie regions? You could get financial support.
- Fonds de diversification économique — MRC des SourcesOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Regional County Municipality of Des Sources? You could get financial assistance.
- Fonds InnovexportOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you have an innovative project that offers products or services that meet a market need? If so, you could benefit from an investment of up to $3 million.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakersOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Going Global Innovation
If you are looking to commercialize your technology abroad, you could get money to develop the international partnerships needed for success.
- Saskatchewan art and creative grantsOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you a Saskatchewan resident looking for funding or professional development in the arts? Learn about the various programs available to entrepreneurs.
- Green Freight Assessment Program
You could receive funding to review the state of your fleets to help optimize your business operations.
- Green infrastructure programs
If your business is undertaking clean energy infrastructure projects, you may be eligible for funding to help with deployment and market entry.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing InnovationOnly Applies to : ManitobaAs an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could take advantage of financial assistance programs designed to help you with research and adoption of new technologies.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — CommercializationOnly Applies to : ManitobaIf you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- Industrial agreement programsOnly Applies to : QuebecIf your Quebec SME is seeking European industrial or technological partners, these programs could make the process easier for you.
- Industrial Research Assistance Program
Your small or medium-sized business may qualify for financial assistance to develop, adopt, adapt and/or commercialize new or improved technologies.
- Industry-Academic Collaboration ProgramsOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about financing and support that may help you develop and commercialize innovative techniques, products and services in Ontario.
- InnovacorpOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaGet the capital and guidance you need to take your emerging technology business to the next level.
- Innovate to Opportunity hiring incentiveOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for funding to offset the cost of hiring a recent Masters or PhD graduate to help your business innovate and export.
- Innovation and Development Labour Rebate ProgramOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf your business develops or commercializes new products, processes and services, you may be eligible for a tax credit.
- Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS)
If you are an innovator with ideas about solving defence and security challenges, you could get funding of up to $200,000 to develop your proposal.
- Innovation Rebate ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a 25% rebate on projects valued up to $15 million that will increase the global competitiveness of your business.
- Innovative Manufacturer FinancingOnly Applies to : QuebecSmall and medium manufacturers in Quebec can get financing to help create new processes, integrate new technologies, and increase productivity.
- Innovative Solutions Canada
Want to develop an innovative product for a department or agency of the Government of Canada? Apply for funding to help solve GOC challenges.
- Interactive Digital Media FundOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help you cover some the costs of commercializing your interactive digital media content.
- Canadian International Innovation Program
If you are a Canadian company with R&D projects in science and technology, you could get funding to work with a foreign partner to commercialize your technology.
- Investing in Business Growth and ProductivityOnly Applies to : OntarioYour established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Investing in Business InnovationOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could get financing to help commercialize the innovations of your Southern Ontario early-stage business if you've secured private investments.
- Investment Accelerator FundOnly Applies to : OntarioThis fund helps build and strengthen Ontario-based businesses in the cleantech, information/communications technology, life sciences and healthcare sectors.
- Creative Saskatchewan Investment ProgramsOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are an artist or creative producer in Saskatchewan with a product ready to sell, you can apply to receive a grant to support your efforts.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation
You could get funding to help commercialize first-in-kind technologies for the forest product industry.
- Jobs and Prosperity FundOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help with business projects that will enhance productivity and help you compete in the global marketplace.
- Lake Winnipeg Basin Program
You could receive funding to carry out a nutrient reduction project in the Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta portions of the Lake Winnipeg Basin.
- Makigiaqvik LoansOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you have an Inuit-owned business and are living in the Qikiqtani region, you may be eligible for a loan of up to $50,000.
- Manufacturing and Processing Exporter Hiring Tax IncentiveOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYour Saskatchewan business may be eligible for a tax credit if your number of employees has increased since 2014.
- Matching Investment Fund (dairy)
If you produce milk products or manufacture processed goods made with milk, you could get funding to create new or improved products.
- Métis Voyageur Development FundOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you are Métis, your Ontario-based business may be eligible for loans up to $1M with better rates and fewer restrictions than with commercial lenders.
- Micro-Loan ProgramOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive financing to help start or expand your PEI-based business.
- Micro-Voucher, Voucher and Product Demonstration ProgramsOnly Applies to : AlbertaApply for financial assistance to bring new technologies or knowledge-based products and services to market.
- Mitacs Accelerate
Learn how you can expand your R&D potential by recruiting a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow to research your technology project.
- Mitacs Elevate
You could obtain research assistance from a PhD fellow at a reduced cost to your business for projects lasting up to two years.
- Mitacs Accelerate International
You could get funding for research projects that help you strengthen your networks, by partnering with an international graduate student.
You may be eligible for financing if you are a French-language songwriter, composer, artist, or recording business owner.
- N1M — Startup technology support for the Northumberland region and Southern OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could get funding if your technology start-up or innovative SME in Southern Ontario is at the idea or validation stage.
- Networks of Centres of Excellence
Explore various funds available for your R&D activities that respond to current research and innovation needs.
- Northern community capacity building program (Northern Ontario)Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $100,000 to support certain types of business-related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Innovation Programs (Northern Ontario)Only Applies to : OntarioYour Northern Ontario business may be eligible for funding from $15,000 up to $500,000 towards research and commercialization of new technologies.
- Northern Ontario Development ProgramOnly Applies to : OntarioApply for financing to grow your business in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia farm loansOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a variety of lending products to help start or grow your agricultural business.
- NutressorOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you are planning growth projects for your agri-food business, you could be eligible for adapted funding and support services.
- Ontario business research institute tax creditOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could be eligible for a refundable tax credit for scientific research and experimental development in Ontario.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social EnterprisesOnly Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario film and television fundingOnly Applies to : OntarioYou could be eligible for funding to help your Canadian corporation develop, produce and export Ontario films and television shows.
- Ontario Innovation Tax CreditOnly Applies to : OntarioAs an owner of an Ontario-based corporation, you may be eligible for a tax credit of 8% to 12% for scientific research and experimental development.
- Ontario Media Development Corporation tax creditsOnly Applies to : OntarioYour Ontario-based, cultural media production corporation could be eligible to receive refundable tax credits for some of your production expenses.
- Ontario Music FundOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business, a consortium, an industry association or a not-for-profit organization active in the Ontario music sector you may be eligible to apply for funding.
- Ontario Research and Development Tax CreditOnly Applies to : OntarioFind out if you qualify for a tax credit for your research and development expenditures.
- Ontario Tax Exemption for CommercializationOnly Applies to : OntarioYour corporation may be eligible for a tax exemption if you sell new products developed by Canadian colleges or universities.
- PADAT: A Program Supporting the Development of Tourist AttractionsOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could get a loan or a loan guarantee of up to $2 million to help promote the growth and regional development of your tourism business.
- PEI Product Development AssistanceOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financing to help you generate new products, add value to existing products, and create new markets through BIO|FOOD|TECH.
- Pilot and Discovery CompetitionOnly Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could obtain up to $25,000 to test an innovation-based idea.
- Premier emploi en rechercheOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you have an R&D project, you could receive financial assistance to hire new college or university graduates.
- Prêt à entreprendreOnly Applies to : QuebecAre you starting a business or thinking of buying an existing one in Quebec? If so, you could get a loan on trust and support services.
- Programme BioMed PropulsionOnly Applies to : QuebecYour Quebec business with high growth potential in the life sciences sector could get financial assistance to commercialize its research results.
- Programme TechnoclimatOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you want to market a new technology or test an innovative procedure related to energy efficiency? You could get funding to help you do this.
- Quantum Leap
If you have a business in the biopharmaceutical industry, you may be eligible for funding to advance the discovery of preventative or remedial drugs.
- Quebec Economic Development Program (QEDP)Only Applies to : QuebecFind out about financial and other resources that can help you develop your Quebec business.
- R&D Proof of ConceptOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorApply for a grant to reduce the technical and financial risk of your innovative, pre-commercial research and development project.
- R&D VouchersOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorAccess funding for technical expertise and facilities that will support your research and development activities within your innovative business.
- Reconnaissance des consortiums de recherche admissiblesOnly Applies to : QuebecDo you do pre-competitive research and want to create research consortia? If so, this tax credit can help you.
- Research and Development Tax Credit (Nova Scotia)Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou can apply for a 15% tax credit for costs incurred from qualified scientific research and experimental development.
- Research and Development Tax Credit (New Brunswick)Only Applies to : New BrunswickObtain a fully refundable tax credit for research and development activities carried out by your business.
- Saskatchewan Mineral Exploration Tax CreditOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYour mineral exploration company may be able to offer tax credits to your investors.
- Saskatchewan Petroleum Research IncentiveOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanIf your organization conducts research, development and demonstration of new technologies for the oil and gas sector, you could receive an incentive.
- SaskWorks Venture FundOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanYou may be able to attract an equity investment from potential investors by offering them a tax credit equal to 35% of their investment.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive Program (SR&ED)
You can get a tax credit if you spend money on industrial R&D in Canada.
- impact: more than a start up loanOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and Labrador Prince Edward Island Nova Scotia New BrunswickIf you live in one of 6 major Atlantic cities, you could obtain a loan to start, grow or improve a small business.
- Self Employment OptionOnly Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesInterested in starting your own business in the NWT? If you are unemployed, you could continue to receive benefits and get help to start your business.
- Sivummut Grants to Small BusinessesOnly Applies to : NunavutIf you live in the Baffin (Qikiqtaaluk) region of Nunavut, you could get up to $25,000 to start or grow a business.
- Social Enterprise OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioYour social enterprise with an environmental or social goal for Francophones may be eligible for grants of up to $16,000 or loans of up to $40,000.
- SolunovOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you would like to implement an innovative solution into your business, you could benefit from coaching assistance as well as funding.
- Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in InnovationOnly Applies to : OntarioApply for funding to help your innovative small business develop and commercialize new processes or technologies.
- Southwestern Ontario Development FundOnly Applies to : OntarioAs an incorporated business or not-for-profit organization, you could receive funding to support business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Space Technology Development Program
Your organization (industry or academia) could receive financial and technical support to perform R&D on space technologies.
- Strategic Industries Development FundOnly Applies to : YukonIf your business undertakes a strategic industry-related project, you may be eligible for funding if the project provides positive economic outcomes.
- Strategic Innovation Fund — Streams 1, 2 and 3
You may be eligible for a financial contribution to enhance productivity and support R&D, investment, and growth.
- Strategic Innovation Fund — Stream 4
Planning a large-scale project in the health and biosciences sector? Your network or consortium could be eligible for a financial contribution.
- Strategic Investments in Northern Economic DevelopmentOnly Applies to : Yukon Northwest Territories NunavutFind out how your northern business could get up to $99,999 for a project that creates jobs and helps develop the North.
- Strategic Investments ProgramOnly Applies to : NunavutYou could get funding to start or grow a business, or to help build Nunavut's economy if you run a not-for-profit corporation or society.
- Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic DevelopmentOnly Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesYou may be eligible to receive financial support to start a new business or improve your business' capacity.
- Sustainable Development Technology Fund
Need money to develop and test a new energy technology? You could qualify for funding to create clean technology products that fight climate change.
- Tax credit for pre-competitive private partnership researchOnly Applies to : QuebecPut this tax measure to work for your (SR&ED) projects carried out in Quebec, in partnership with another private company.
- Tax Credit for Salaries and Wages (R&D)Only Applies to : QuebecIf you carry out scientific research and experimental development work, your business could benefit from this tax measure.
- Tax credit for the development of e-businessOnly Applies to : QuebecYour corporation could benefit from this refundable tax credit if its activities are in IT and are carried out in an establishment located in Quebec.
- Tax holiday for foreign expertsOnly Applies to : QuebecIf you recruit foreign experts for your Quebec innovation project, you could obtain a tax holiday.
- Tax holiday for foreign researchersOnly Applies to : QuebecIf your business does scientific research and experimental development, you could obtain financial assistance to recruit foreign researchers.
- TECTERRA Geomatics Technology ProgramsOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an entrepreneur in the geomatics industry, you could access funding and resources that can help you develop and commercialize your business.
- Tourism Development FundOnly Applies to : OntarioYour tourism business may qualify for financial support for innovation, training, and improving investment readiness.
- Tourism Product Diversification and Marketing ProgramOnly Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesAccess funding to develop your tourism business in the Northwest Territories.
- SMBs and Large Corporations — Project FinancingOnly Applies to : QuebecYou could get a loan, a loan guarantee or financing in "quasi-equity" for up to 100% of project costs related to the growth of your business.
- Western Diversification ProgramOnly Applies to : Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta British ColumbiaIf your not-for-profit organization is looking to strengthen the economy of Western Canada, you can apply for funding for various initiatives.
- Western Innovation (WINN) InitiativeOnly Applies to : Manitoba Saskatchewan Alberta British ColumbiaYour Western business could get financial assistance to bring innovative products, processes and services to market.
- Women in Cleantech Challenge
Are you a female entrepreneur looking to put your cleantech idea into action? You could get funding and support, while competing for $1 million.
- Youth Employment Programs
You could get financial assistance to hire a skilled post-secondary graduate to work on an innovative project, or a youth to work on a green project.
- Yukon Advanced Artist AwardOnly Applies to : YukonIf you are a professional artist, you could be eligible for funding to help with your career development.
- Yukon Agriculture Training ProgramOnly Applies to : YukonGet funding to strengthen your agriculture and agri-food business through training and skills development.
- Yukon Research and Development Tax CreditOnly Applies to : YukonReceive a tax credit of 15% or 20% for eligible research and development costs.
- Yukon Venture Loan Guarantee ProgramOnly Applies to : YukonGet help securing financing from commercial lenders by lowering the risk associated with the loan.
- Date modified: