Are you looking to finance your innovation activities? Whether you're working on products or services at the research and development phase, or looking to market your innovation at the commercialization stage, there are a number of government programs available to help you. Find out if you qualify.
- Aboriginal Business and Entrepreneurship Development
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickQuebecOntarioManitobaSaskatchewanAlbertaBritish ColumbiaApply for financing to start or grow your Aboriginal business.
- Agriculture Development Fund
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAccess funding to undertake agriculture or food research and development.
- Agriculture Direct Loans
Only Applies to : New BrunswickGet a loan for a project of strategic importance to the province's agricultural sector.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation Lending
Only Applies to : AlbertaAccess loans and services to start or grow farm, agribusiness or other small business.
- AgriInnovation ProgramIf you have an agri-business, you can apply for an R&D contribution to get your new agricultural product or technology ready for the market.
- Alberta BoostR
Only Applies to : AlbertaThis crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts Grants
Only Applies to : AlbertaLearn about grants and resources for artists in Alberta.
- Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an Aboriginal entrepreneur seeking financing and business support, learn about loans, equity investments and services available to you.
- Industry r&D Associates
Only Applies to : AlbertaYou could get financial help with hiring a Master's or PhD graduate to conduct research and related activities for your business.
- Alberta Media Fund
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you publish books or magazines, or produce films or sound recordings, you could get a grant to fund new projects and cover eligible expenses.
- Alberta Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit Program
Only Applies to : AlbertaYour corporation may be able to receive a tax credit for scientific research and experimental development expenditures incurred in Alberta.
- Apeetogosan (Métis) Development Inc.
Only Applies to : AlbertaAre you an established or budding entrepreneur seeking financing and business support services? If so, learn about direct business financing, equity investments, and business services.
- Applied Research and Development GrantsYou could receive funding of up to $150,000 when you partner with an eligible Canadian college to develop clean technologies.
- Aquaculture Collaborative Research and Development ProgramBy collaborating with government researchers, you could increase your business' scientific capacity for projects relating to fish health and environmental performance.
- Aquaculture Loan Program
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a loan to establish, maintain or expand your aquaculture business.
- Atlantic Innovation Fund
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickIf your business is in the Atlantic provinces, you could get funding to develop new technology.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — Financing
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- Automotive Partnership CanadaIf you are working on next-generation automotive technologies, you could receive financial assistance to support collaborative R&D activities.
- AVAC Ltd.
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you operate a new Alberta agricultural business, you can apply for money for R&D and to help you market your product or service.
- BC Scientific Research & Experimental Development Tax Credit
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you run a Canadian-owned private company in BC that conducts scientific research & experimental development, you may qualify for a tax credit.
- BC Tech Co-op Grants Program
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf your business operates in the technology sector, you may be eligible for a grant to hire a BC co-op student.
- BDC CapitalAccess a wide range of specialized financing to match the various stages of growth of your business.
- BDC business loansYou could get money to help you start or grow your business.
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur LoanAs an Indigenous entrepreneur, you could get money to help start or grow your business.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing businessGet a loan of up to $100,000 within 5 business days. There are no application fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- Bioenterprise Seed Funding Program
Only Applies to : OntarioHas your business developed a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation in Southern Ontario? You could access seed financing and business coaching.
- Business Development Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickAccess funds to start, expand or improve your business in Atlantic Canada.
- Business Investment Fund
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNeed financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province’s strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Business Opportunity Grant
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an agriculture producer, producer group or a new entrant to the industry you may be eligible for funding for your projects.
- Canada Feature Film FundIf you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Media FundIf you are involved in the Canadian television or digital media industries, you may be eligible for funding.
- Capital Intelligent Mtl
Only Applies to : QuebecIf your business provides innovative urban solutions, you could benefit from up to $5 million in capital funding.
- CBDC Innovation Loan
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickIf you're an entrepreneur living in rural Atlantic Canada, you could get help to support your innovative projects.
- Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN)Is your next-generation communication solutions project ready for commercialization? You could qualify for support valued up to $100,000.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Collaborative Research and Development GrantsYou could get a university to help you with your research project in natural sciences or engineering if you contribute half the costs of the project.
- Commercialization Support for Business Program
Only Applies to : ManitobaApply for financial help to commercialize innovative products that aren't yet being manufactured in the province.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small business loans
Only Applies to : AlbertaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneurs
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures Manitoba
Only Applies to : ManitobaFind out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program (NWT)
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesIf you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the NWT, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Program (Quebec)
Only Applies to : QuebecGet funding for starting or growing a business in a designated rural or suburban area of the province of Quebec.
- Community Futures Program (Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could receive funding to start or grow your business in rural Ontario.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businesses
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Community Futures Treaty Seven — Business development
Only Applies to : AlbertaAre you an Aboriginal entrepreneur wishing to start or grow your business? You may be eligible for a business loan.
- Connect to InnovateIf your business operates in a rural or remote community, you can apply for financing to obtain a high-speed Internet connection.
- Connected Vehicle/Automated Vehicle (CVAV) Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could get funding to develop and commercialize innovations in connected and automated vehicle technologies.
- Conservation Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could receive funding for new energy conservation programs and technology for your business.
- Créativité Québec
Only Applies to : QuebecYour business could get funding to buy new technology, or to develop or improve products and processes.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistance
Only Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- Development and Commercialization Competition
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financial support for the discovery and development project phases of your innovative PEI business.
- Development of Québec Intellectual Property in the Video Game Industry
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could receive an equity investment of up to $5 million for your video game development or commercialization projects.
- Digital media tax credit
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYour media business may be eligible for a refundable tax credit of up to 50% on the cost of developing interactive digital products.
- Direct Equity Tax Credit Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorInvest in a new or expanding small business in Newfoundland and Labrador and receive a provincial income tax credit.
- Eastern Ontario Development Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business or an incorporated, not-for-profit organization you could receive funding to support business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Eastern Ontario Development Program
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you are located in a rural area of Eastern Ontario, you could get financing to start or grow your business.
- Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities: Financing
Only Applies to : ManitobaIf you are a Francophone living in Manitoba, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
- Economic Development Initiative (Southern Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioFunding may be available for your organization if you provide business support services in French to a Francophone community in southern Ontario.
- Engage GrantsIf your business operates in Canada, you could receive up to $25,000 when you partner with a college or university to develop valuable technology.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (film and sound industries)
Only Applies to : YukonIf your business is involved in the sound or film industry, you can apply for funding of up to $50 000.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (Small Business)
Only Applies to : YukonYou could be eligible for funding to open, develop or expand markets or to stimulate Yukon business activities.
- Entrepreneur Loan Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive up to $100,000 directly from authorized lenders backed by a government guarantee for your new or expanding business.
- ESSOR Program — Funding support for development projects
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get funding to create a new business, or to upgrade your processes or facilities.
- Experience AwardsIf your research company operates in Canada, you could get up to $4,500 when you hire a natural sciences or engineering student for a 12-16 week term.
- Farm Business Development Initiative
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAs a Saskatchewan farmer, you can apply for funding to access farm-related training or to help with the cost of hiring a consulting service.
- Farm Credit Canada — loans and lending optionsYou could access flexible financing options for your farming, agri-food or agribusiness operation.
- FedNor Innovation Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioIf your business is based in Northern Ontario, you could receive funding towards the adoption and commercialization of new technologies.
- Femmessor — Réussir en affaires
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could obtain funding, training or mentoring for a project relating to the acquisition, start-up, expansion or consolidation of a business.
- Film and video tax credit
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorApply for a refundable provincial corporate income tax credit for your Newfoundland and Labrador film project.
- Yukon Film Development Fund
Only Applies to : YukonYour Yukon film business may be eligible for up to $35,000 in non-repayable grants to cover expenses associated with the development of film projects in Yukon.
- Financial programs
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesAre you looking to obtain financing for your business? This program offers term loans, equity, contributions and letters of credit.
- Seafood Innovation and Transition Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorIf your fisheries-related business or organization is transitioning from shellfish to groundfish, you could be eligible for funding.
- Fonds de développement économique de la région de la Capitale-Nationale
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get financial assistance if your project has a structuring effect on the economic development of the National Capital Region.
- Fonds de diversification économique du Centre-du-Québec et de la Mauricie
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Centre-du-Québec and Mauricie regions? You could get financial support.
- Fonds de diversification économique — MRC des Sources
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you looking to start or expand your business development project in the Regional County Municipality of Des Sources? You could get financial assistance.
- Fonds Innovexport
Only Applies to : QuebecDo you have an innovative project that offers products or services that meet a market need? If so, you could benefit from an investment of up to $3 million.
- Fuel Injection Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYour advanced manufacturing or social innovation business could access up to $30,000 in seed funding for growth projects in Southern Ontario.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Going Global InnovationIf you are looking to commercialize your technology abroad, you could get money to develop the international partnerships needed for success.
- Grants and professional development — Arts sector
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you a Saskatchewan resident looking for funding or professional development in the arts? Learn about the various programs available to entrepreneurs.
- Growing Forward 2: Agriculture Sustainability Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind funding for your Newfoundland and Labrador agriculture-sector SME to compete globally, as well as be a force for good.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Innovation
Only Applies to : ManitobaAs an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could take advantage of financial assistance programs designed to help you with research and adoption of new technologies.
- Industrial agreement programs
Only Applies to : QuebecIf your Quebec SME is seeking European industrial or technological partners, these programs could make the process easier for you.
- Industrial Research Assistance ProgramYour small or medium-sized business may qualify for financial assistance to develop, adopt, adapt and/or commercialize new or improved technologies.
- Industry-Academic Collaboration Programs
Only Applies to : OntarioLearn about financing and support that may help you develop and commercialize innovative techniques, products and services in Ontario.
- Partnerships Options for CompaniesGet help with your Canadian R&D projects in natural sciences or engineering from colleges and universities in Canada.
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaGet the capital and guidance you need to take your emerging technology business to the next level.
- Innovation and Development Labour Rebate Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf your business develops or commercializes new products, processes and services, you may be eligible for a tax credit.
- Innovation Superclusters InitiativeYour corporation could be eligible for a non-repayable contribution to help you carry out large-scale, innovative projects as part of a consortium.
- Innovative Manufacturer Financing
Only Applies to : QuebecSmall and medium manufacturers in Quebec can get financing to help create new processes, integrate new technologies, and increase productivity.
- Interactive Digital Media Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help you cover some the costs of commercializing your interactive digital media content.
- Canadian International Innovation Program If you are a Canadian company with R&D projects in science and technology, you could get funding to work with a foreign partner to commercialize your technology.
- Investing in Business Growth and Productivity
Only Applies to : OntarioYour established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Investing in Business Innovation
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could get financing to help commercialize the innovations of your Southern Ontario early-stage business if you've secured private investments.
- Investment Accelerator Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioThis fund helps build and strengthen Ontario-based businesses in the cleantech, information/communications technology, life sciences and healthcare sectors.
- Investment Fund Grant Programs
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are an artist or creative producer in Saskatchewan with a product ready to sell, you can apply to receive a grant to support your efforts.
- Investments in Forest Industry TransformationYou could get funding to help commercialize first-in-kind technologies for the forest product industry.
- Jobs and Prosperity Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help with business projects that will enhance productivity and help you compete in the global marketplace.
- Local Poverty Reduction Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYour registered charity, not-for-profit or Indigenous-led organization may be eligible for a grant for sustainable projects that aim to reduce poverty.
- Makigiaqvik Loans
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you have an Inuit-owned business you may be eligible for a loan of up to $50,000.
- Manitoba Industrial Opportunities Program
Only Applies to : ManitobaAccess funding for your small business to advance technology and create long-term, high-skilled jobs.
- Matching Investment FundIf you produce milk products or manufacture processed goods made with milk, you could get funding to create new or improved products.
- Micro-Loan Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive financing to help start or expand your PEI-based business.
- Micro-Voucher, Voucher and Product Demonstration Program
Only Applies to : AlbertaApply for financial assistance to bring new technologies or knowledge-based products and services to market.
- Mitacs AccelerateLearn how you can expand your R&D potential by recruiting a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow to research your technology project.
- Mitacs ElevateYou could obtain research assistance from a PhD fellow at a reduced cost to your business for projects lasting up to two years.
- MUSICACTIONYou may be eligible for financing if you are a French-language songwriter, composer, artist, or recording business owner.
- N1M — Startup technology support for the Northumberland region and Southern Ontario
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could get funding if your technology start-up or innovative SME in Southern Ontario is at the idea or validation stage.
- Networks of Centres of ExcellenceExplore various funds available for your R&D activities that respond to current research and innovation needs.
- Northern community capacity building programs (Northern Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible to apply for a grant of up to a maximum of $150,000 to support certain types of business related activities in Northern Ontario.
- Northern Innovation Programs (Northern Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioYour Northern Ontario business may be eligible for funding from $15,000 up to $500,000 towards research and commercialization of new technologies.
- Northern Ontario Development Program
Only Applies to : OntarioApply for financing to grow your business in Northern Ontario.
- Nova Scotia farm loans
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaApply for a variety of lending products to help start or grow your agricultural business.
Only Applies to : QuebecIf you are planning growth projects for your agri-food business, you could be eligible for adapted funding and support services.
- Ontario business research institute tax credit
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could be eligible for a refundable tax credit for scientific research and experimental development in Ontario.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario film and television funding
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could be eligible for funding to help your Canadian corporation develop, produce and export Ontario films and television shows.
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
Only Applies to : OntarioAs an owner of an Ontario-based corporation, you may be eligible for a tax credit of 8% to 10% for scientific research and experimental development.
- Ontario Media Development Corporation tax credits
Only Applies to : OntarioYour Ontario-based, cultural media production corporation could be eligible to receive refundable tax credits for some of your production expenses.
- Ontario Music Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business, a consortium, an industry association or a not-for-profit organization active in the Ontario music sector you may be eligible to apply for funding.
- Ontario Research and Development Tax Credit
Only Applies to : OntarioFind out if you qualify for a tax credit for your research and development expenditures.
- Ontario Tax Exemption for Commercialization
Only Applies to : OntarioYour corporation may be eligible for a tax exemption if you sell new products developed by Canadian colleges or universities.
- PADAT: A Program Supporting the Development of Tourist Attractions
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get a loan or a loan guarantee of up to $2 million to help promote the growth and regional development of your tourism business.
- PEI Product Development Assistance
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financing to help you generate new products, add value to existing products, and create new markets through BIO|FOOD|TECH.
- Pilot and Discovery Competition
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could obtain up to $25,000 to test an innovation-based idea.
- Prêt à entreprendre
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you starting a business or thinking of buying an existing one in Quebec? If so, you could get a loan on trust and support services.
- Programme BioMed Propulsion
Only Applies to : QuebecYour Quebec business with high growth potential in the life sciences sector could get financial assistance to commercialize its research results.
- Programme Proximité
Only Applies to : QuebecAre you an artisan producer or processor in the bio-food sector? Take advantage of the business opportunities of local marketing.
- Programme Technoclimat
Only Applies to : QuebecDoes your business want to use or market a new technology or innovative procedure related to energy efficiency? You could get help with funding to do so.
- Quantum LeapIf you have a business in the biopharmaceutical industry, you may be eligible for funding to advance the discovery of preventative or remedial drugs.
- Quebec Economic Development Program (QEDP)
Only Applies to : QuebecFind out about financial and other resources that can help you develop your Quebec business.
- R&D Proof of Concept
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorApply for a grant to reduce the technical and financial risk of your innovative, pre-commercial research and development project.
- R&D Vouchers
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorAccess funding for technical expertise and facilities that will support your research and development activities within your innovative business.
- Recognition for Pre-Competitive Research Consortia
Only Applies to : QuebecDo you do pre-competitive research and want to create research consortia? If so, this tax credit can help you.
- Research and Development Tax Credit
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou can apply for a 15% tax credit for costs incurred from qualified scientific research and experimental development.
- Research and Development Tax Credit
Only Applies to : New BrunswickObtain a fully refundable tax credit for research and development activities carried out by your business.
- Saskatchewan Agri-Value Initiative
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanUp to $100,000 of funding may be available for you to establish or grow your agri-business.
- Saskatchewan Mineral Exploration Tax Credit
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanYour mineral exploration company may be able to offer tax credits to your investors.
- Saskatchewan Petroleum Research Incentive
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf your organization conducts research, development and demonstration of new technologies for the oil and gas sector, you could receive an incentive.
- SaskWorks Venture Fund
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanYou may be able to attract an equity investment from potential investors by offering them a tax credit equal to 35% of their investment.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentive ProgramYou can get a tax credit if you spend money on industrial R&D in Canada.
- Seed Capital Initiative
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNova ScotiaNew BrunswickIf you live in one of 5 major Atlantic cities, you could obtain a loan and training to start, grow or improve a small business.
- Self Employment Option
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesInterested in starting your own business in the NWT? If you are unemployed, you could continue to receive benefits and get help to start your business.
- Sivummut Grants to Small Businesses
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you live in the Baffin (Qikiqtaaluk) region of Nunavut, you could get up to $25,000 to start or grow a business.
- Social Enterprise Ontario
Only Applies to : OntarioYour social enterprise with an environmental or social goal for Francophones may be eligible for grants of up to $16,000 or loans of up to $40,000.
- Southern Ontario Fund for Investment in Innovation
Only Applies to : OntarioApply for funding to help your innovative small business develop and commercialize new processes or technologies.
- Southwestern Ontario Development Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioAs a business or an incorporated, not-for-profit organization you could receive funding to support business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Space Technology Development ProgramYour organization (industry or academia) could receive financial and technical support to perform R&D on space technologies.
- Strategic Industries Development Fund
Only Applies to : YukonIf your business undertakes a strategic industry-related project, you may be eligible for funding if the project provides positive economic outcomes.
- Strategic Innovation FundYou may be eligible for a financial contribution to enhance productivity and support R&D, investment, and growth.