International trade training programs
If you want to formally expand your knowledge of the various aspects of exporting or importing, you can take advantage of the many training opportunities and seminars that are available. Below you will find just a sampling of what is offered. You can also consult with organizations such as community colleges or business associations to see if they offer special programs.
- Upcoming and on-demand webinars
Find out how these webinars can help you break into foreign markets.
- Events at Export Development Canada
Learn about the latest trends, issues and opportunities available for exporters.
- Certified Trade Compliance Specialist Program
Get online training to help you understand various topics regarding the import and export of goods to and from Canada. Enrollment is ongoing and fees apply.
- International trade workshops
Learn about international trade topics such as transportation, letters of credit and cargo insurance. These workshops are available online.
- Forum for International trade training
Learn practical skills to help you expand your business internationally.
- Trade Accelerator Program Canada (TAP) — EdmontonOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you're ready to export and grow your SME beyond Edmonton, you could access export advisors and resources as you develop and implement an export plan.
- Trade Accelerator Program Canada (TAP) — CalgaryOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you’re ready to export and grow beyond Calgary, you could access export advisors and resources as you develop and implement an export plan.
- Trade Accelerator Program Canada (TAP) — VancouverOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaAre you ready to export? Join the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) — Vancouver and work with industry leaders to develop a comprehensive export plan, and begin its implementation.
- Trade Accelerator Program Canada (TAP) — WinnipegOnly Applies to : ManitobaAre you ready to export? Join WTC Winnipeg and work with industry leaders to develop a comprehensive Export Plan, and begin its implementation.
- Export DevelopmentOnly Applies to : New BrunswickIf you are looking to grow your business by exporting, you can access specialized services to help you get started.
- ConnectNS Global Advisors ProgramOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaAs an exporter, you may be eligible for free exporting advice from a network of industry experts.
- New Exporters to Border StatesOnly Applies to : OntarioGet a practical, hands-on introduction to the basics of exporting to the United States, designed for small and medium-sized businesses in Ontario.
- Ontario Exports — Calendar of Trade EventsOnly Applies to : OntarioRegister to take part in workshops, trade shows or trade missions to help export your products from Ontario.
- PROFIT: New-to-Exporting SeminarOnly Applies to : OntarioTravel to the U.S. for a two-day, export training seminar for businesses in the food and beverage industries interested in the U.S. market.
- Trade Accelerator Program Canada (TAP) — TorontoOnly Applies to : OntarioAre you ready to export? Join Trade Accelerator Program TAP Toronto and work with industry leaders to develop a comprehensive export plan, and begin its implementation.
- Date modified: