Although exporting offers many rewards like increased sales and market growth, it can put a strain on your finances. Many exporters seek external financing to support this activity. Various financing solutions are available to help you hire international trade expertise, to help you market and sell abroad, to help boost your working capital and to reduce your financial risks.
- Aboriginal Tourism Development Funding Support Program
Only Applies to : CanadaYou could get up to $10,000 for a project that is designed to help your Aboriginal tourism business move towards market or export readiness.
- Adam Chowaniec Memorial Fund for Global EntrepreneurshipYou could qualify for a $3,000 grant for activities that support the promotion or development of export opportunities for Canadians.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation Lending
Only Applies to : AlbertaAccess loans and services to start or grow farm, agribusiness or other small business.
- AgriMarketing — Market development streamYour not-for-profit organization in the agriculture, agri-food, fish or seafood sector could be eligible for funding for market development projects.
- AgriMarketing — SME ComponentYour SME in the agriculture, agri-food, fish or seafood sector could be eligible for funding to develop or further penetrate export markets.
- Alberta BoostR
Only Applies to : AlbertaThis crowdfunding platform can help your Alberta business raise money through a community of supporters, in exchange for a reward.
- Alberta Indian Investment Corporation
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you are an Aboriginal entrepreneur seeking financing and business support, learn about loans, equity investments and services available to you.
- Alberta Media Fund
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you publish books or magazines, or produce films or sound recordings, you could get a grant to fund new projects and cover eligible expenses.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
Only Applies to : AlbertaAs a woman in Alberta, you can take advantage of this network and its tools to gain business skills and help your business succeed.
- ATB Financial
Only Applies to : AlbertaIf you are looking for money to help you start or operate your small business in Alberta, you may be eligible for financing opportunities.
- Atuqtuarvik Corporation — Financing
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you are Inuit and live in Nunavut, you can apply for a loan to start or expand your business.
- BDC CapitalAccess a wide range of specialized financing to match the various stages of growth of your business.
- BDC business loansYou could get money to help you start or grow your business.
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur LoanAs an Indigenous entrepreneur, you could get money to help start or grow your business.
- BDC Small Business Loan — for existing businessGet a loan of up to $100,000 within 5 business days. There are no application fees or hassles and the entire process is online.
- BDC Xpansion LoanGet financing to help you explore new domestic or foreign market opportunities.
- Bioenterprise Seed Funding Program
Only Applies to : OntarioHas your business developed a unique agricultural or agri-food innovation in Southern Ontario? You could access seed financing and business coaching.
- Business Development Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickAccess funds to start, expand or improve your business in Atlantic Canada.
- Business Investment Fund
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorNeed financing to grow or expand your business? If it is part of the Province’s strategic sector, you could be eligible for funding.
- Canada Book FundYou could receive financial assistance for your Canadian book publishing business.
- Canada Council for the Arts — FundingAre you an artist? You may be eligible to apply for various grants and prizes through the Canada Council for the Arts.
- Canada Feature Film FundIf you are an incorporated Canadian film producer, you could receive money to develop, produce and market your movies in English or French.
- Canada Music Fund: Aid to Canadian Music Publishing FirmsYour music publishing firm could receive a yearly contribution of up to $75,000 for projects that cultivate and promote Canadian music talent.
- CanExport programYou could get up to $99,999 to help your business develop new export markets.
- CBDC General Business Loan
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickIf you’re an entrepreneur living in a rural community in Atlantic Canada, you could get help to expand your existing business or buy a new one.
- Cluster Development Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandWork together with other local businesses to find export opportunities.
- Collaboration Voucher Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be able to cut the cost of innovation technical expertise needed to keep your Ontario business competitive.
- Community Futures Alberta — Small business loans
Only Applies to : AlbertaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural Alberta.
- Community Futures British Columbia — Financing programs for entrepreneurs
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in a rural area of British Columbia.
- Community Futures Manitoba
Only Applies to : ManitobaFind out about loans to start or grow a business if you live in rural and northern Manitoba.
- Community Futures Program (NWT)
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesIf you are starting a new business or looking to grow your existing business in the NWT, you could be eligible for business assistance, funding or counselling.
- Community Futures Program (Quebec)
Only Applies to : QuebecGet funding for starting or growing a business in a designated rural or suburban area of the province of Quebec.
- Community Futures Saskatchewan — Loan products for small businesses
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanYou could get a loan to start or grow a business if you live in rural or northern Saskatchewan.
- Community Futures Treaty Seven — Business development
Only Applies to : AlbertaAre you an Aboriginal entrepreneur wishing to start or grow your business? You may be eligible for a business loan.
- Craft Business Development
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaAccess skills development and funding assistance to develop or grow your craft business in Cape Breton Island and Mulgrave.
- Cultural industries — Financial assistance
Only Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how you could get money to help cover costs related to your film, television, new media, music or publishing business.
- Eastern Ontario Development Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business or an incorporated, not-for-profit organization you could receive funding to support business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Economic Development Council for Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities: Financing
Only Applies to : ManitobaIf you are a Francophone living in Manitoba, you may be able to get financing to start or grow a business.
- Economic Development Initiative (Southern Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioFunding may be available for your organization if you provide business support services in French to a Francophone community in southern Ontario.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (film and sound industries)
Only Applies to : YukonIf your business is involved in the sound or film industry, you can apply for funding of up to $50 000.
- Enterprise Trade Fund (Small Business)
Only Applies to : YukonYou could be eligible for funding to open, develop or expand markets or to stimulate Yukon business activities.
- Entrepreneur Loan Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive up to $100,000 directly from authorized lenders backed by a government guarantee for your new or expanding business.
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development Fund
Only Applies to : YukonNorthwest TerritoriesNunavutIf you are Aboriginal and live in the territories, you could get financing to start or grow a business.
- Export Growth Program
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou could be eligible for funding up to $15,000 to increase your export capabilities.
- Working Capital FinancingThe Export Guarantee Program could increase your chances of obtaining financing from your bank.
- Export Help! Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive up to $5,000 to hire a consultant to provide you with export advice.
- Export Market Access — A global expansion program
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you have at 5 to 500 employees and annual sales of $500,000 or more, you may qualify for a grant of 50% on costs to grow export sales.
- Export Readiness Micro-Voucher Program
Only Applies to : AlbertaYour Alberta business could get up to $5,000 for the development of a targeted international market strategy focused on one country.
- Export Support Fund
Only Applies to : AlbertaYour Alberta business could be eligible for funding of up to $20,000 per year for a select range of approved export activities.
- Exportateurs de classe mondiale Program
Only Applies to : QuebecIf you are in the agri-food business, you could get funding to explore export markets, develop strategies, and seize business opportunities.
- FACTOR funding for the sound recording industryIf your business operates in the English sound recording industry in Canada, you could qualify for funding to support various business activities.
- Farm Credit Canada — loans and lending optionsYou could access flexible financing options for your farming, agri-food or agribusiness operation.
- Femmessor — Réussir en affaires
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could obtain funding, training or mentoring for a project relating to the acquisition, start-up, expansion or consolidation of a business.
- FIJE Fund
Only Applies to : QuebecIf you are a woman, an immigrant or a young entrepreneur between the ages of 18 and 39 you could get a loan of up to $50,000 for your business project.
- Fisheries and Sealing — Commercial Fisheries Freight Subsidy
Only Applies to : NunavutAs a commercial fisher or business owner, you could get a grant to cover up to 50% of the cost to ship within Nunavut and southern Canada.
- Seafood Innovation and Transition Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorIf your fisheries-related business or organization is transitioning from shellfish to groundfish, you could be eligible for funding.
- Fonds de solidarité FTQ
Only Applies to : QuebecIf your Quebec business is in a period of growth and profitability, you can use this fund to obtain personalized business solutions that meet your needs.
- Buyer financing EDC can help give your business a competitive advantage by providing your international buyers with flexible payment options.
- Fuel Injection Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYour advanced manufacturing or social innovation business could access up to $30,000 in seed funding for growth projects in Southern Ontario.
- Funding programs for Nunavut filmmakers
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you are a filmmaker, producer or owner of a production company based in Nunavut, you may get money to create films, television shows and digital media.
- Growing Forward 2: Agriculture Sustainability Program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind funding for your Newfoundland and Labrador agriculture-sector SME to compete globally, as well as be a force for good.
- Growing Forward 2: Growing Value — Commercialization
Only Applies to : ManitobaIf you are an agriproducer or agriprocessor, you could receive financing for pre-commercialization, commercialization and market development activities.
- Incoming Buyers Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYour business could receive up to $2,250 to bring an international buyer to your business.
- Industry Development Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYour not-for-profit, cultural media industry organization could be eligible for funding and support to hold industry-enhancing events in Ontario.
- Interactive Digital Media Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help you cover some the costs of commercializing your interactive digital media content.
- Investing in Business Growth and Productivity
Only Applies to : OntarioYour established Ontario business or not-for-profit organization may be eligible for funding to grow and be more productive.
- Jobs and Prosperity Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for funding to help with business projects that will enhance productivity and help you compete in the global marketplace.
- Makigiaqvik Loans
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you have an Inuit-owned business you may be eligible for a loan of up to $50,000.
- Market Access Program
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you want to market your product or service beyond Saskatchewan, you may be eligible for reimbursement of some costs to exhibit at a trade event in a new market.
- Market Development, Product Enhancement and Diversification Program
Only Applies to : New BrunswickIf you work in New Brunswick's agri-food industry, you may be eligible for financial assistance to target and/or expand export markets.
- Marketing Support Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could obtain financial assistance for marketing costs from start-up through to international exporting.
- Micro-Loan Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou may be eligible to receive financing to help start or expand your PEI-based business.
- Music PEI Funding Program
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf you are a musical artist from PEI, you may apply for a grant to assist you in developing your craft.
- MUSICACTIONYou may be eligible for financing if you are a French-language songwriter, composer, artist, or recording business owner.
- Northern Business Opportunity Program (Northern Ontario)
Only Applies to : OntarioYour Northern Ontario business could be eligible for grants or loans ranging from $200,000 to $1 million.
- Northern Ontario Development Program
Only Applies to : OntarioApply for financing to grow your business in Northern Ontario.
- NORTHSTAR Trade Finance CanadaYour foreign customer could get financing to purchase your products and services.
- Nova Scotia Business Inc. Payroll Rebate
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou could receive a payroll rebate for your knowledge-based, growth sector-oriented project.
- Ontario Catapult Microloan Fund for Social Enterprises
Only Applies to : OntarioYou may be eligible for a loan of $5,000 to $25,000 for your innovative Ontario-based social enterprise.
- Ontario film and television funding
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could be eligible for funding to help your Canadian corporation develop, produce and export Ontario films and television shows.
- Ontario Media Development Corporation Export Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioDiscover how your cultural media company could receive funding for export development.
- Ontario Music Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you run a business, a consortium, an industry association or a not-for-profit organization active in the Ontario music sector you may be eligible to apply for funding.
- Programme d'aide à l'exportation et au rayonnement culturel
Only Applies to : QuebecDo you own a cultural business? If so, you could get financial support for your export projects and cultural outreach activities.
- Programme Exportation — Volet Entreprises
Only Applies to : QuebecPlanning to export to new markets? You could get financial assistance to cover expenses or fees related to your export marketing activities.
- Quality Improvement Assistance
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandYou could receive financing to enhance trade and export opportunities and improve your competitiveness in the global marketplace.
- Quebec Economic Development Program (QEDP)
Only Applies to : QuebecFind out about financial and other resources that can help you develop your Quebec business.
- Rise Asset Development
Only Applies to : OntarioIf you are an entrepreneur facing mental health or addiction challenges you could get $300 to $10,000 to help start, grow or promote your business.
- Saskatchewan Agri-Value Initiative
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanUp to $100,000 of funding may be available for you to establish or grow your agri-business.
- Sivummut Grants to Small Businesses
Only Applies to : NunavutIf you live in the Baffin (Qikiqtaaluk) region of Nunavut, you could get up to $25,000 to start or grow a business.
- Small Business Development Program
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaYou could qualify for a government rebate of up to $15,000 to increase your export capacity.
- Soft Landing programAre you ready to take your ICT business global? Get help making the right connections abroad.
- Southwestern Ontario Development Fund
Only Applies to : OntarioAs a business or an incorporated, not-for-profit organization you could receive funding to support business expansion and innovation in your region.
- Strategic Investments Program
Only Applies to : NunavutYou could get funding to start or grow a business, or to help build Nunavut's economy if you run a not-for-profit corporation or society.
- Support for Entrepreneurs and Economic Development
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesYou may be eligible to receive financial support to start a new business or improve your business' capacity.
- Tax credits — Market Diversification for Quebec Manufacturing Companies
Only Applies to : QuebecWould you like to sell your manufactured products outside Quebec? This tax measure can help you cover your certification costs.
- Touring Artist Fund
Only Applies to : YukonYou could get funding to help you exhibit your artistic work outside the Yukon.
- Tourism Industry Partners Program
Only Applies to : OntarioYou could get financing to help your business consortium market an Ontario tourist destination to tourists outside Ontario or Canada.
- Tourism Product Diversification and Marketing Program
Only Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesAccess funding to develop your tourism business in the Northwest Territories.
- SMBs and Large Corporations — Project Financing
Only Applies to : QuebecYou could get a loan, a loan guarantee or financing in "quasi-equity" for up to 100% of project costs related to the growth of your business.
- Yukon Venture Loan Guarantee Program
Only Applies to : YukonGet help securing financing from commercial lenders by lowering the risk associated with the loan.
There are ways to reduce your risks without losing out on good opportunities to grow your business.
There is a wide variety of private sector organizations that provide financing which may meet your needs.