Sources of private sector financing
Find out about the financial services that respond to the needs of your business. Browse the list of private sector associations below to find members who provide debt and equity financing to businesses.
Debt financing means borrowing money. If you are looking to start or expand a business, to finance your operations, or to buy or lease equipment, members of the following organizations may be able to help.
- Cooperatives — Desjardins GroupOnly Applies to : Ontario QuebecYou can access financial services such as commercial loans and credit through this financial cooperative.
- Canadian Credit Union Association
Find a credit union in your area and learn more about their commercial loans, credit options and banking services.
- Canadian Finance and Leasing Association
Find leasing and financing companies that could help you procure items such as equipment, vehicles, and inventory, through asset-based financing.
- Canadian Bankers Association
For commercial loans and other debt financing services, you can turn to Canadian chartered banks and foreign bank subsidiaries.
Look beyond traditional banks. Private equity financing or capital funds represent an investment in your company and an alternative method to raise the money you need to innovate and grow your business. Members of these associations may help.
- First Angel NetworkOnly Applies to : New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Nova Scotia Prince Edward IslandNeed assistance to help grow your promising business? Find out more about requesting funding from a group of Atlantic angel investors.
- New Brunswick Innovation FoundationOnly Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how this independent corporation could help you get the research funding or venture capital you need to develop your innovative idea.
- Golden Opportunities Fund Inc.Only Applies to : SaskatchewanFind out if your business is eligible to receive capital from this fund to grow or to create a successful succession plan to turn your equity into cash.
- Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
Search for potential investors by sector category: life sciences, information technology, other technologies, and traditional.
- Réseau Capital - Québec Venture Capital and Private Equity AssociationOnly Applies to : QuebecSupport the growth of your innovative small business with equity and venture capital from members of this organization.
- Saskatchewan Capital Network Only Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you have a Saskatchewan startup or growth-focused business, the Network can connect you with potential investors who are looking for good investment opportunities.
Other private sector sources of financing
There are other sources of private sector financing to consider. These include merchant bankers, international trade financing companies, and specialized financial institutions such as insurance companies, commercial mortgage lenders, and specialty equipment financing organizations.
- Date modified: