Regulations for child care, schools and educational institutions
Child care and educational services in Canada are generally regulated by the provinces and territories. If you want to start a business in this field, you will need to learn about the required regulations, permits and licences in your area.
Businesses in this sector include home-based and centre-based child care, private schools, private universities, career training colleges, and more.
- Registering a private career college in OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about the legal requirements for starting a private career college in Ontario.
- Private elementary and secondary schoolsOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about legal requirements that may apply to you if you operate a private school.
- Information for child care providers in OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about regulations and licensing for child care and home daycare businesses in Ontario.
- Starting a day care serviceOnly Applies to : QuebecFind out about licensing requirements to start an or early childhood centre, childcare centre or home day care.
- Child care licensingOnly Applies to : AlbertaLearn about licensing and regulations for providing child care in Alberta.
- Private Occupational Training Certificate of RegistrationOnly Applies to : New BrunswickFind out how to register your private occupational training business in New Brunswick.
- Date modified: