Regulations for child care, schools and educational institutions

Child care and educational services in Canada are generally regulated by the provinces and territories. If you want to start a business in this field, you will need to learn about the required regulations, permits and licences in your area.

Businesses in this sector include home-based and centre-based child care, private schools, private universities, career training colleges, and more.

Date modified: