Financial services regulations
Learn about some of the key regulations, permits and licences for small businesses in the financial services sector, such as loan brokers, payday lenders, collection agencies and private lenders. This does not include information regarding large financial institutions.
- Financial Services Commission of Ontario — Who is licensed?Only Applies to : OntarioFind out if you comply with the licensing, regulatory and registration requirements for the financial services your business offers in Ontario.
- Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada — What you need to know
Find out what records you need to keep if you own a casino, or you operate a business in money services, accounting, real estate, life insurance, securities, or precious metals and stones.
- Payday lenders and loan brokers' licencesOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about Ontario licensing requirements for payday lenders and loan brokers.
- OSC LaunchPad — what you need to knowOnly Applies to : OntarioEnsure that your fintech business, along with your online platforms and activities like crowdfunding meet the regulatory requirements in Ontario.
- CSA Regulatory Sandbox
Your innovative fintech business could be eligible for an expedited process to test your products, services, or applications in the market.
Privacy and personal information protection
- Privacy and your business
If you collect, use or disclose personal information about individuals, you need to understand your privacy obligations.
- Date modified: