Agriculture and agri-food regulations
If you operate a business in the agriculture and agri-food industry, you play a role in ensuring the health and well-being of Canadians. You should therefore be aware of the regulations that apply to your operations.
- Canada's Regulatory System for Foods with Health Benefits – An Overview for Industry
A starting point for businesses wanting to promote the health benefits of their food products.
- Food labelling for industry
If you advertise food products, you need to be aware of requirements related to advertising, such as labelling and the use of endorsements.
- Food labelling and safety regulations
Find out everything you need to know when producing, handling, selling and importing food in Canada.
- Centre of Administration for Permissions — Food, Animals, Plants
Find answers to your questions about domestic and import licences, permits, and registrations issued by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Environmental Public HealthOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you run a food establishment, swimming pool, social care facility, or personal services facility, you need to learn your obligations.
- BC Vegetable Marketing CommissionOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaFind out the Natural Products Marketing (BC) Act.
- BC Milk Marketing BoardOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaFind out about the regulations and guidelines for marketing milk products in accordance to the Natural Products Marketing (BC) Act.
- BC Chicken Marketing BoardOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaFind out the regulations and guidelines for marketing chicken products in accordance with the Natural Products Marketing (BC) Act.
- A Guide to Employment Standards in Agriculture (Manitoba)Only Applies to : ManitobaAre you an agri-business employer? Learn more about your rights and responsibilities.
- Starting a food processing businessOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about government regulations, food safety guidelines, and the contacts you need to start and operate a food processing business in Ontario.
- Organic agriculture — fact sheets and information sheetsOnly Applies to : OntarioAccess a wide range of resources about the organic food sector that may help you run your Ontario business.
- Farm Business RegistrationOnly Applies to : OntarioFind out about the registration requirements for your farm business in Ontario.
- Licence for slaughterhouses and meat processing plantsOnly Applies to : QuebecAll operators of slaughterhouses and plants that process meat and meat-containing food items for wholesale must hold a MAPAQ permit.
- Seafood preparation or cannery permitOnly Applies to : QuebecFind out how to obtain the required permit if you want to handle seafood for human consumption.
- Permits — Food processing and distributionOnly Applies to : QuebecFind out about the permits you need to operate a business engaged in the processing, distribution and sale of meat or dairy products.
- Mandatory training in hygiene and food safetyOnly Applies to : QuebecDoes your business prepare food intended for sale in Quebec? If so, this training is mandatory for you and your employees.
- Regulation of Intensive Livestock Operations in SaskatchewanOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanIf you are starting or operating a livestock operation, learn about your rights and regulatory responsibilities.
- Owning a farm in SaskatchewanOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanFind out the rules and regulations pertaining to the ownership of farm land in Saskatchewan by non-Canadians.
- Date modified: