Find out how certain industry sectors are regulated and what some of the key business obligations are in those sectors.
- Regulated professions and trades
Understand the requirements needed to practise a trade or profession in Canada.
- Permits and licences
Find the federal, provincial/territorial and municipal permits and licences that you may need to start or manage your business.
- Financial services regulations
Learn about some of the key regulations, permits and licences for small businesses in the financial services sector.
- Agriculture and agri-food regulations
Find information on regulations that may apply to your business if you operate in the agriculture and agri-food industry.
- Regulations for child care, schools and educational institutions
Find out how educational services are regulated in Canada, from day care centres to universities and career training.
- National construction codes
Learn about national building codes, including those relating to energy efficiency, construction, plumbing, and fire safety.
- Agreement on Ontario-Quebec Construction Labour MobilityOnly Applies to : Ontario QuebecUnder this agreement, you are ensured equal treatment when bidding or working on construction projects in Ontario and Quebec.
- Getting electrical products approvedOnly Applies to : OntarioIf you manufacture, import, or sell electrical equipment in Ontario, you need to make sure that it meets the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Provincial Public Eating Establishment StandardsOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanIf your business involves serving food to the public, you need to learn about the provincial public eating establishment standards and your obligations.
- Regulatory guidance — Life sciencesOnly Applies to : AlbertaIf you are developing a new medical device or pharmaceutical, biotechnology or natural health product, get help with approval rules and regulations.
- Date modified: