Consult these resources for information on Canadian guidelines, regulations, permits and agreements related to the environment.
- Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines
Do you use chemicals that could pollute land and water nearby? Find out how much you can safely use.
- Permits and licences
Find the federal, provincial/territorial and municipal permits and licences that you may need to start or manage your business.
- Compliance Assurance ProgramOnly Applies to : AlbertaFind out which rules and obligations put in place to protect the environment apply to your business.
- Environmental approvalsOnly Applies to : OntarioFind out if you need an Environmental Compliance Approval for your Ontario business.
- Acts, regulations and agreements — Environment
When you operate a business, you need to obey laws and regulations that protect the water, land, air, birds and animals within its perimeter.
- New substance notification process
Notify Environment Canada of your intention to introduce new substances (chemicals, polymers and animate products of biotechnology) into the Canadian market.
- Environmental acts and legislationOnly Applies to : QuebecLearn about sustainable development and environmental protection acts and regulations that may apply to your business.
- Drinking waterOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about the rules, reporting requirements, certification, licensing, registration and permits for water systems in Ontario, including wastewater.
- Waste management stewardshipOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaKnow your obligations for the life cycle of your products and the new recycling regulation.
- Environmental assessment (Newfoundland and Labrador)Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorFind out if you need an environmental assessment for your business and download a guide to help you through the process.
- Environmental Management Act B.C.Only Applies to : British ColumbiaFind out the regulations and guidelines for your business to protect human health and quality of water, land and air in British Columbia.
- Water Resources ManagementOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorBe aware of your responsibilities relating to regulations, permits, and guidelines for drinking water, wastewater, ground and surface water.
- Chemical substances mandatory surveys
Do you import, export, or sell petroleum products or other chemicals? Find out about mandatory surveys and related resources.
- Commercial hazardous wasteOnly Applies to : YukonFind out how your Yukon business must store and dispose of special waste such as batteries, bulbs, and chemicals.
- Date modified: