Building codes, regulations and related standards
If you are in the construction or contracting business, or if you are fixing buildings that you own, you need to understand the building codes and standards in your province or territory.
- Accessible and adaptable homes
Get ideas and tips from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation to help you build healthier and more environmentally friendly homes and buildings.
- Accessible design for the built environment
Learn how to make your buildings accessible to persons with various types of disabilities.
- National Building Code of Canada
Find out about the national building code on which provincial and territorial building codes are based.
- National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015
Learn about the technical requirements for the energy efficient design and construction of new buildings.
- Alberta Building CodeOnly Applies to : AlbertaAre you in the construction or contracting business, or will you be altering buildings you own? Find out about Alberta's building codes and standards.
- BC Building Code, BC Plumbing Code, et BC Fire CodeOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaLearn about the regulations for home and building construction in British Columbia.
- Manitoba's Building Code and related regulationsOnly Applies to : ManitobaLearn about the law and regulations related to the construction and renovation of houses and buildings in Manitoba.
- Technical Inspection Services, Safety Codes and StandardsOnly Applies to : New BrunswickLearn about the codes and standards that relate to the safety of your products and your services.
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Buildings accessibility (Newfoundland and Labrador)Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorLearn about your business requirements for parking, signage, building accessibility, and fire safety plans for persons with a disability.
- Building Code RegulationsOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaFind out about the regulations for building homes and buildings in Nova Scotia.
- Smoke-Free OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioLearn about your legal responsibilities as a business owner and employer.
- How to make public spaces accessibleOnly Applies to : OntarioFind out about accessibility rules for public spaces and how to make your business accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Ontario Building CodeOnly Applies to : OntarioFind online publications about the regulations for constructing homes and buildings in Ontario.
Prince Edward Island
- Building Code (Prince Edward Island)Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandLearn about the regulations for building and renovating homes and buildings in Prince Edward Island as well as its Barrier Free Design regulations.
- Laws, regulations and codesOnly Applies to : QuebecFind a list of the laws, regulations and codes administered by the Régie du bâtiment du Québec, including the Construction and Safety codes.
- Building standards and licensing (Saskatchewan)Only Applies to : SaskatchewanLearn about the standards and licensing requirements for constructing or renovating homes and buildings in Saskatchewan.
- Building safetyOnly Applies to : YukonLearn about the standards, regulations, inspections and permits for building homes and buildings in the Yukon.
- Date modified: