Regulated business activities
Learn about regulations that apply to key business activities such as exporting, importing, marketing, and managing employees.
- Registering your business
Learn about the requirements for registering your business with different levels of government.
- Human resources regulations
It is important to understand your responsibilities as an employer with regards to hiring, labour standards, wages, employment equity, and more.
- Marketing, advertising and sales regulations
Attracting new customers to your business is essential, but you need to follow a few rules.
- Canada's anti-spam legislation
Get information on Canada's anti-spam law and how it affects your business.
- Privacy and your business
If you collect, use or disclose personal information about individuals, you need to understand your privacy obligations.
- Health and safety regulations
Learn about the regulations and standards that relate to the safety of your products, your services, and your workplace.
- Exporting regulations
There are many opportunities for Canadian businesses to enter markets outside of Canada, but you need to be aware of the laws and regulations that apply to international trade.
- Importing regulations
Importing is a regulated process. Know the rules and what you need to do to comply with regulations.
- Environmental regulations
Consult these resources for information on Canadian guidelines, regulations and agreements related to the environment.
- Building codes, regulations and related standards
Find out about the building codes and standards in your province or territory.
Find out how to make your business accessible to persons with disabilities.
- Re: Sound Music Licences for Businesses
Find out how to get the right licence(s) if you are playing recorded music for ambiance in your business or at an event.
- Registry of Regulations (Nova Scotia)Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaAccess all of Nova Scotia's consolidated provincial regulations on this site, from building codes to liquor licensing.
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada
You may need a licence if you play recorded music or hire live musicians to enhance your business.
- Measurement accuracy
Learn about your legal obligations for ensuring accuracy in the measured goods that you sell.
- Date modified: