Find out about automatic copyright protection in Canada. Learn how to register a copyright with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office for added protection, and how to access the Canadian Copyrights Database.
- Copyright Board of Canada
Learn how royalties are set for the use of copyrighted works, and how to use works when you cannot locate the copyright owner.
- Re: Sound Music Licences for Businesses
Find out how to get the right licence(s) if you are playing recorded music for ambiance in your business or at an event.
- COPIBECOnly Applies to : QuebecIf your organization reproduces excerpts from copyrighted works (books, newspapers, magazines), you must obtain a licence from COPIBEC.
- Guide to copyright
Get the details on Canadian copyright — the benefits and processes of registering for copyright, licenses, royalties, tariffs, and much more.
- Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada
You may need a licence if you play recorded music or hire live musicians to enhance your business.
- Access Copyright
Get copies from copyrighted books, magazines, newspapers and other material while ensuring that creators and publishers are fairly compensated for their works.
Find out what copyright is, what your rights and obligations under the Copyright Act of Canada are, and how to file for a copyright.
- Canadian Copyrights Database
Search this database for all Canadian copyrights registered as of October 1, 1991.
- Date modified: