General research and statistics
Find information on research and statistics resources available online or in person through your local Canada Business Network service centre. Discover how to obtain data and analysis through various channels. You can also access catalogues and materials from various Canadian government libraries, as well as a broad range of international statistics from the United Nations.
As Canada's central statistical agency, Statistics Canada produces a wealth of statistical and analytical information that can help you to make informed business decisions.
- The Daily
View Statistics Canada's most recent releases on current social and economic conditions and new products.
Browse or search this key socio-economic database from Statistics Canada, and create custom data outputs.
- Customized products and services
Get experts to help identify your statistical information needs and recommend the best products and services to fit your budget.
Libraries provide access to a host of statistics and information that can otherwise be difficult or expensive to obtain.
Canada Business Network centre libraries
Canada Business Network centres are located in each province and territory and some feature libraries that are stocked with materials to help small businesses.
- Canada Business — Nova Scotia Reference LibraryOnly Applies to : Nova ScotiaThrough an information officer, you can access the latest business resources that can help you start or grow your business.
- Info entrepreneurs' Strategic Information CentreOnly Applies to : QuebecAccess lists of businesses with profiles and strategic market information with the help of business information experts.
- Business Link — Market research servicesOnly Applies to : AlbertaAre you looking for a business research service that is free of charge to help you start or grow your business?
- Secondary market research — Canada Business OntarioOnly Applies to : OntarioAre you looking for a business research service that is free of charge to help you start or grow your business?
Public and Government libraries
Public and government libraries are excellent sources of statistics and information that you can use to grow your business.
- Yukon public librariesOnly Applies to : YukonGet business information and free internet access at your local public library.
- Ontario public librariesOnly Applies to : OntarioFind resources and services at libraries in Ontario to help you start, grow or manage your business.
- Saskatchewan LibrariesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanAt your local public library, you can find a variety of resources to help start, grow or manage your business.
Find official statistics and publications provided by provincial, territorial and regional government agencies.
- Databank of official statistics on QuebecOnly Applies to : QuebecConsult statistics compiled by a number of Quebec departments and agencies on the various facets of the society of Quebec.
- Institut de la statistique du QuébecOnly Applies to : QuebecConsult reliable, objective data and statistics on the province's situation with regard to a number of aspects of Quebec society.
- Fondation de l'entrepreneurshipOnly Applies to : QuebecConsult a snapshot of entrepreneurship in Quebec, take advantage of a networking program suited to your business needs, and more.
- Saskatoon neighbourhood profilesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanGet detailed demographic data for each Saskatoon neighbourhood to help support your market research.
- Northwest Territories Bureau of StatisticsOnly Applies to : Northwest TerritoriesFind both current and historical research and statistics on the Northwest Territories.
- Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.Only Applies to : ManitobaThinking of establishing your business in Winnipeg? Find industry profiles, market research and support in site selection.
- Saskatchewan Bureau of StatisticsOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanBrowse economic news and labour force reports on Saskatchewan activities, including monthly statistical reviews and historical data.
- Regina neighbourhood profilesOnly Applies to : SaskatchewanView profiles of Regina neighbourhoods for a quick source of detailed information on population, income, family characteristics and more.
- Alberta Community ProfilesOnly Applies to : AlbertaView profiles of Alberta communities featuring the economy's most important indicators for businesses.
- Small Business ProfileOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaGet information on B.C.'s growth trends across the small business market and compare data to those of other provinces across Canada.
- British Columbia's Key IndicatorsOnly Applies to : British ColumbiaGet up-to-date statistics for BC's key indicators, including inflation, employment and unemployment, retail sales, and more.
- Economic Research and Analysis DivisionOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorAccess research and economic forecast statistics for the province to help you make budget projections and financial decisions.
- Statistical information for Newfoundland & LabradorOnly Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorAccess provincial statistics such as information on population, income, and industry data that can help you make informed strategic business decisions.
- Economic and social statisticsOnly Applies to : YukonYou can access up-to-date research and reports to help you make budget projections and financial decisions.
- Cluster Map
View and compare data for related industries across Canada using a range of economic indicators.
- Date modified: