Tried and true: 3 benefits to having a business card
Are business cards a thing of the past or an opportunity for future business connections? With the advent of social media channels, you may think that you no longer need business cards because your website, email address and social media presence are enough. But a business card, both paper and virtual, can be an excellent way to make your business stand out and be more memorable. A visual and tangible item can often trigger a customer's memory as to what your business is all about.
What are the benefits of a business card?
- Represent your brand by using your colours, design, and logo — all on one small tangible item.
- Make your cards unique and interesting, but keep them professional looking.
- State clearly and simply what your business has to offer.
- Hand out at tradeshows, meetings, networking events or even in non-business settings.
- Keep them with you and readily available to hand out to prospective customers.
- Encourage customers to write on them to remember what they thought of your product or service.
- Display your contact information in a clear and accurate manner.
- Include your website and social media addresses on your card.
- Pass them on personally after you have created a relationship with a person and know there is interest in your product.
- Provide additional cards to customers to pass on to friends and acquaintances who could be interested in your business.
Business cards are a proven marketing tool for today and tomorrow. They can now even be scanned onto mobile devices. Your business is more likely to be remembered if there is a visual cue as to who you are and what you do. Business cards can be an inexpensive but tangible way to spark an interest in your business.
Learn more about networking events and start passing out those business cards!