Throwing a client event that could boost your business
You have spent time and effort building up a client base; now may be the perfect time to throw a client event that can mean success and growth for your future.
A client event can show clients your appreciation for their loyalty, but it can also garner new business as well. Different kinds of client events can be used for different purposes.
- Networking event: This allows you to attract new clientele while showing appreciation for the clients you already have. Referrals are a great way to grow your business.
- Product launch: Organizing an event to announce a new product or service could mean a boost in sales and customers for your business. This is a great way to help promote your brand further.
- Seminar: Presenting an educational component can help highlight your services and expertise. You can include interactive presentations and keynote speakers which can make a lasting impression.
- Fundraiser: Consider adding a fundraising component to your event. It could show your commitment to your community or charity as well as boost your image with clients by association with certain good causes.
What do you hope to achieve through your client event? Whether it is for exposure, generating new customers, or revealing a service, it is important to have clear expectations as to what you want to gain from this event. Understand your audience. What interests them? What are they looking for? By knowing your customers' needs, you can tailor the event to meet those needs.
Promote the event to grow interest. By marketing the event, you are garnering excitement. This is an opportunity to show your clients that you value them, thus strengthening your relationship.
You may want to incorporate these event planning techniques that could translate into a successful client event.
- Consider hiring an event planner to ensure a seamless event.
- Ensure employees and sales representatives are trained on what they should be doing before, during and after the event
- Ensure invites and reminders are sent in a timely manner ahead of the event.
- Incorporate details such as custom giveaways or gift bags to brand the event.
- Follow up with clients after the event to create future loyalty.
Events are a great way to take your small business to the next level by increasing face-to-face time with current and potential clients. By taking these tips into consideration, you are increasing your chances of leaving a lasting impression with your audience. Learn more on how to maximise your business in our sections on managing and growing.