Take your business to new heights with this free Export Guide
This guest blog post is provided by the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) which helps companies navigate the complexities of international markets and make better business decisions.
Take your business to the world with the 2017 edition of the Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting.
Whether your company is starting to export or already exporting, the guide can help you expand into new markets by de-mystifying the exporting process. The guide also provides you with practical insight and proven tips used successfully by thousands of Canadian firms of all sizes and in all sectors to assist you in making informed business decisions.
Create your export checklist. Learn how to:
- Assess your company's export readiness to determine the right markets to target.
- Create an export marketing plan tailored to each market.
- Research and select global markets that offer the greatest potential return.
- Develop a sound financial plan and secure sources of export financing to close more deals.
- Sell more online and reach global consumer markets using e-commerce.
- Realize the benefits of free trade agreements to enter emerging markets.
- Identify better delivery methods for your target market to expedite logistics.
- Understand the key legal aspects of global trade to create contracts that protect business interests.
- Apply corporate social responsibility practices to benefit from development opportunities.
“For those thinking about exporting, this guide provides a clear path with all the steps you need to follow in order to be successful in a global market,” says Amanda McNaughton, a trade commissioner based in the TCS regional office in Calgary. “For those already doing business in established markets, the guide can help them expand into new markets.”
Being better-informed about international markets can help your company save time and avoid risks and costly mistakes, while achieving success on a global scale. The guide synthesizes the knowledge of trade commissioners located on-the-ground in more than 160 cities in Canada and worldwide, who gain market intelligence and insight, and uncover export opportunities for Canadian companies like yours.
Whether you are a novice, intermediate or advanced exporter, the guide can help you go further faster.
Download the Step-by-Step Guide to Exporting today and realize your full export potential.