Market your business to new heights - Join an association
If you are an entrepreneur, you are probably overwhelmed by the number of associations that are out there. Associations range from professional accreditation to industry designations. They also differ in size, type, or whether they are provincial or national in scope. You will also find that each association differs with the benefits they provide their membership. To help you decide if joining an association is in your future, take a look at some of the perks most associations offer:
- Education and skills development
- Resources on new and proposed legislation
- Industry-led professional seminars and conferences
- A chance to network with your peers and find out or exchange new ideas
- Free publicity when you are affiliated with an association
- Free listing in their directory
- Mentoring or recruitment services
- Newsletters that provide information from industry trends to financial issues
- Expert panels who can answer questions specific to your needs
- Sustainability to inspire community involvement and impact
Before you join any association check out the membership rates, as they range from annual or lifetime membership. Do your research and make sure that the association you wish to join will develop, nurture and promote your business.
For a listing of some business support organizations that could also help your business, check out the Business support organizations section.
- Date modified: