Explore business opportunities and build market research on Buyandsell.gc.ca
This guest post has been provided by the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) of Public Works and Government Services Canada. OSME supports small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by informing SMEs about how to do business with the Government of Canada.
Selling to the federal government is easier now that tender opportunities and related procurement data can be found at a single location on Buyandsell.gc.ca.
Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders is an open information service giving businesses easy access to Government of Canada opportunities free of charge and without registering. With just a few clicks, businesses can also find related procurement information to help them identify potential partners and their competition across the country.
What kind of procurement (open) data is available on Buyandsell.gc.ca?
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) brings together related procurement data that can be easily searched using plain-language search terms or downloaded. The open data includes:
- Tenders are federal bid opportunities. Search Tenders
- Contract History is information about contracts awarded by PWGSC on behalf of federal departments and agencies, since 2009. This allows you to see previously awarded contracts and their value. Search Contract History
- Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements (SOSA) provide information on PWGSC-issued active standing offers and supply arrangements — methods of supply for frequently purchased goods and services — including the suppliers who have qualified. Search SOSA
- Goods and Services Identification Numbers (GSIN) help you find generic product descriptions that connect all of the procurement information on Buyandsell.gc.ca, including Tenders, Standing Offers and Supply Arrangements, and Contract History. Browse GSIN codes
- Buyandsell.gc.ca/tenders allows users to bookmark and share searches, download an unlimited number of opportunities and receive notifications about amendments and new tenders using web feeds.