Environment and Climate Change Canada wants your input: The Federal Sustainable Development Strategy
This guest blog post is provided by Environment and Climate Change Canada, which is responsible for protecting the environment, conserving the country's natural heritage, and providing weather and meteorological information to keep Canadians informed and safe.
The 2016-2019 draft Federal Sustainable Development Strategy is undergoing public consultation until June 24. We want to hear from Canada's entrepreneurs and business owners — what do you think? Can you easily find information that matters to you? Do you find the new e-strategy format straightforward to use? What do you think about including the Sustainable Development Goals in the Strategy? What's your vision for a sustainable Canada?
The Federal Sustainable Development Strategy provides Canadians with a whole of government view by bringing together activities from 37 federal organizations and organizing them into 36 measurable targets under five goals:
- Taking Action on Climate Change
- Clean Technology, Jobs and Innovation
- National Parks, Protected Areas and Ecosystems
- Freshwater and Oceans
- Human Health, Well Being and Quality of Life
The Strategy is updated every three years, with a draft released for public consultation. This time around, we've completely rebuilt it in a flexible electronic format, to help you find the information that's important to you and allow you to provide input on what's there, using the comment box on every page. The Strategy highlights federal initiatives related to environmental sustainability under the five goals. Now, however, you can also use different filters to view actions by:
- Topic, e.g., laws and regulations, the North, Natural Resources Agenda, etc.
- Sector, e.g., transportation, oil and gas, agriculture, construction and manufacturing, etc.
- Partner, e.g., industry/business, communities, provinces and territories, etc.
- Department, e.g., Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- UN Sustainable Development Goals, e.g., Affordable and clean energy, Responsible consumption and production, etc.
- Strategy Type, e.g., in-kind support and funding, scientific research and analysis, etc.
- Region of Canada, e.g., Canada-wide, Atlantic, Northern, etc.
Have a look at the Strategy and submit your public consultation input before June 24, 2016 to have your views heard.
- Date modified: