Cook up the savings with ENERGY STAR!
This guest blog post is provided by ENERGY STAR Canada, a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and organizations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to promote energy efficiency.
Is your business in the foodservice industry? Whether you run a small business like a café, pizza shop, or bakery or a bigger business like a cafeteria, restaurant, or fast food joint, ENERGY STAR Canada has energy-saving options for you.
When buying commercial foodservice equipment, it pays to remember the cost of energy to operate a product over its lifetime is just as important as its purchase price. In fact, some of these products can differ in their energy use by 70%! Making the switch to ENERGY STAR certified commercial foodservice equipment will not only cut your electricity bill, but will reduce your carbon footprint and help protect the environment.
Here are a few products that can help your business start saving now:
- Save "a latté" with an ENERGY STAR certified commercial coffee brewer to use 35% less energy, on average, than a standard model.
- Put a freeze on high utility bills when you upgrade to an ENERGY STAR certified commercial fridge or freezer to use 40% less energy, on average, than a standard model. Ask your local utility for eligible rebates, or search our rebates and incentives directory for rebates in your area.
- Fry away all day with an ENERGY STAR certified commercial fryer to use 30-35% less energy, on average, than a standard model. If you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified large vat electric or gas commercial fryer, you'll see up to $500 of savings annually on your utility bill.
- Put some heat on your utility bills when you upgrade to an ENERGY STAR certified commercial griddle to use at least 10% less energy, on average, than a standard model. This means you can save over $120 per year, or over $1,100 over the product lifetime.
- Soak up the savings with an ENERGY STAR certified commercial dishwasher to use 40% less energy and 40% less water, on average, than a standard model.
- The savings don't end with commercial appliances. ENERGY STAR has tons of other products that can help slash your utility bills and boost your business' bottom line.
You can already taste the savings, can't you? Green your cuisine today — consider ENERGY STAR certified products.
Take part in ENERGY STAR Day
Celebrate ENERGY STAR Day tomorrow, October 23, by making a simple change: Light up your business with ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs to use 70-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Date modified: