Business Women + Business Networks = Business Growth
This guest blog post is provided by the Canadian Business Women in International Trade program, providing support, networking and resources for women entrepreneurs focused on global success.
Part of your company's success is based on the strength of your network. If you're a business woman who's ready to export or grow your business abroad you can connect with other business professionals and gain key market insight to succeed abroad by joining the LinkedIn group for the Canadian Business Women in International Trade (BWIT).
Take into account the following:
- Canada has the highest Internet penetration and social networking rates in the world, according to the 2013 Canadian Internet Registration Authority Factbook.
- Canadians spend on average 45.6 hours online per month with social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook, accounting for the most popular content online.
- Statistics Canada's Labour Force Survey reports there were 950,000 self-employed women in Canada in 2012, accounting for 35.6% of all self-employed persons.
So what are you doing to grow your business network?
Our BWIT LinkedIn group brings together close to 800 members. Join our group and:
- Meet a mix of Canadian business professionals, trade commissioners, government partners, trade associations, academics and researchers — all interested in international commerce.
- Network with professionals to share insights and to quickly find answers to business questions.
- Exchange contacts, leads and opportunities as well as identify synergies in activities, interests and successes.
- Find a mentor and diversify your network
The Canadian Business Women in International Trade (BWIT) is a program of the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS). We provide targeted support to Canadian business women through our vast Trade Commissioner Service network in Canada and internationally, through our embassies and consulates, by bringing together key stakeholders to support opportunities for women entrepreneurs globally.
- Date modified: