A makeover for The Daily
This guest blog post is provided by Statistics Canada who is responsible for producing statistics that help Canadians better understand their country — its population, resources, economy, society and culture.
As a business owner, you know that makeovers and redesigns are done in the name of improvement. We do, too. For Statistics Canada's official release bulletin, The Daily, the time had come for a change, and on June 17, 2015, a new and improved version of The Daily was launched! With its new look and functionalities, you can find information on Canada's social and economic situation quickly and easily.
Some of the new features include:
- A simplified interface
- More user-friendly, intuitive navigation
- Improved display on smartphones and tablets
- Interactive graphics and responsive tables
- Accurate visual indicators for each release, including an index of all social and economic indicators
- Easy-to-understand explanations of statistical concepts
- Updated images for the subjects and subtopics
The Daily has been the official voice of Statistics Canada since 1932. Every day, its releases include data sets, and analytical and information products on a variety of subjects. This redesign is part of an ongoing improvement process that takes into account the feedback, needs and preferences of data users, such as entrepreneurs like you.
While The Daily has had a few face lifts since its creation, there is one thing consistent about it: it provides good, solid and usable information that you may be able to use for your business each and every day.
You can sign up to receive email notifications of new Daily releases on the Statistics Canada website. It's quick and easy!
- Go to My StatCan and log in.
- In the My StatCan portal, click Email notifications in the right menu.
- In the The Daily, by subject tab, select the subjects of interest to you.
If you have any questions or comments on the newly redesigned Daily, contact Statistics Canada.
- Date modified: