Immigrating to or investing in Canada to start a business
Discover the advantages of investing in Canada and how you can establish a business here.
Investing in Canada
- Invest in CanadaDo you want to invest in Canada, or expand your foreign operations into Canada? Learn how!
- Site selectionFind site selection tools that can help you decide where to establish or grow your business.
- Invest in Alberta
Only Applies to : AlbertaLearn why Alberta is one of the most attractive places to invest in North America, offering you a favorable business tax regime.
- Invest in Manitoba
Only Applies to : ManitobaWhy choose Manitoba for your business? Learn about Manitoba's economic highlights, workforce as well as government programs and incentives.
- Invest in Nova Scotia
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaFind out about the advantages of doing business in Nova Scotia with facts about financial incentives, growth sectors, demographics, and more.
- Invest in Ontario
Only Applies to : OntarioYou can speak with experienced professionals if you need information on business investment in Ontario.
- Connections — An immigrant's guide to starting a business in Nova Scotia
Only Applies to : Nova ScotiaAccess this comprehensive guide for information on the Nova Scotia business culture and how to start a business in this province.
- Opportunities in British Columbia
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaUse this database to promote your existing business for sale or lease, or to attract investment from foreign investors.
- Start-up visa program
Only Applies to : Newfoundland and LabradorPrince Edward IslandNova ScotiaNew BrunswickOntarioManitobaSaskatchewanAlbertaBritish ColumbiaYukonNorthwest TerritoriesNunavutIf you wish to start a business in Canada, you may be eligible to immigrate under certain conditions.
- Business Immigration ProgramInterested in moving to Canada to start a business? Find out if you can immigrate as a self-employed individual or receive a start-up visa.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Only Applies to : AlbertaRecruit foreign workers to fill positions in your organization and help immigrant employees become permanent residents of Canada.
- BC Provincial Nominee Program — Entrepreneur Immigration
Only Applies to : British ColumbiaIf you are an entrepreneur ready to invest and actively manage a business in BC, you can apply to become a permanent resident.
- Provincial Nominee Program for Business (Manitoba)
Only Applies to : ManitobaImmigrate to Manitoba and be your own boss! Manitoba is open for business.
- Yukon Business Nominee Program
Only Applies to : YukonAre you interested in immigrating to the Yukon to start a business? Find out more on how to qualify for this program.
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program — Entrepreneurs
Only Applies to : SaskatchewanAre you interested in moving to Saskatchewan to buy or start a business? You can get assistance with the immigration and settlement process.
- Provincial Nominee Program — Business Impact Category
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf you plan to immigrate to Canada, you could be chosen to become a permanent resident if you start or buy a business in Prince Edward Island.
- Applying as a business immigrant
Only Applies to : QuebecFind all the information you need if you wish to immigrate to Quebec in order to develop your business projects.
- PEI Connectors
Only Applies to : Prince Edward IslandIf you are an immigrant to Prince Edward Island, you can access services that can help you start or purchase a business.