Labour-sponsored venture capital tax credit
Attract investors to your labour-sponsored venture capital corporation by offering them a personal income tax credit of up to $2,000.
Your corporation must:
- Be sponsored by a trade union to maintain and create jobs
- Raise venture capital by issuing shares to the public
- Invest capital raised in eligible businesses through equity financing.
Eligible investments must be:
- Newly issued common voting shares
- Non-restricted upon dissolution
Other conditions apply.