Farm Property Class Tax Rate Program
To be eligible to save 75% of the municipal residential tax rate, you must:
- Submit a multi-year application form from the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Verify (by a municipal property assessment) that your property is farmland
- Earn more than $7,000 per year in gross farm income (some exceptions apply)
- Hold a valid Farm Business Registration number
- Validate that your farm is more than 50% owned by Canadian citizens or permanent residen
Other conditions apply.