FACTOR funding for the sound recording industry
As a Canadian recording artist, song-writer, artist manager, record label owner, music publisher, distributor, or event producers of English language content, you could qualify for funding.
Eligible activities include:
- Sound recording
- Business development
- Marketing and promotion
- Business travel and tours
- Creation of a music video
- Workshops for songwriters
Depending on the program, the funding:
- Comes in the form of grants, or a combination of loans and grants
- Provides maximum amounts that range from $750 to $200,000
- Generally covers up to 50% of the cost of eligible activities
Other conditions apply.