Regulated business activities
Learn about regulations that apply to key business activities such as exporting, importing, marketing, and managing employees.
- Registering your businessFind out about the requirements to register your business with different levels of government.
- Human resources regulationsIt is important to understand your responsibilities as an employer with regards to hiring, labour standards, wages, employment equity, and more.
- Marketing, advertising and sales regulationsAttracting new customers to your business is essential, but you need to follow a few rules.
- Canada's anti-spam legislationGet information on Canada's anti-spam law and how it affects your business.
- Privacy and your businessIf you collect, use or disclose personal information about individuals, you need to understand your privacy obligations.
- Health and safety regulationsLearn about the regulations and standards that relate to the safety of your products, your services, and your workplace.
- Exporting regulationsThere are many opportunities for Canadian businesses to enter markets outside of Canada, but you need to be aware of the laws and regulations that apply to international trade.
- Importing regulationsImporting is a regulated process. Know the rules and what you need to do to comply with regulations.
- Environmental regulationsConsult these sources for information on Canadian guidelines, regulations and agreements related to the environment.
- Building codes, regulations and related standardsFind out about the building codes and standards in your province or territory.
- AccessibilityFind out how to make your business accessible to persons with disabilities.