The key to managing the taxes of your business is to be informed. Whether you have an accountant that handles your taxes or you take care of them yourself, it is good practice to be aware of how taxation applies specifically to your business.
You should be able to answer the following questions:
- What do you owe and when?
- How do you keep accurate records of your payments and finances?
- How do you make and report payments?
- Do you qualify for tax credits or money back?
This section explores the many forms of taxation that you may encounter in your business.
- Federal tax information
Get information about federal taxes and how they affect your business. Learn about GST, HST, payroll deductions, income tax and more.
- Provincial and territorial tax information
Get information on provincial and territorial taxes and find out how to collect sales tax from your local and out-of-province customers.
- Tax refunds and credits
Looking for more return on your business expenditures? Browse potential tax benefits that could help reduce overhead.
- Date modified: