Promoting and advertising your business
Promoting your business is an ongoing activity that involves everything from word of mouth, to trade shows, to paid advertisements in the media. Once you have developed your marketing plan and are ready to choose your promotional techniques, the resources below may be helpful.
- Make your advertising work for you
Choose the type of advertising that matches your marketing budget and follow some of BDC's best practices for advertising.
- Measuring the results of your advertising
Learn how to measure the results of your advertising so you know which styles, methods and media to use.
- Developing your website
Learn how to create a website so you can attract more customers to your business.
- Online marketing
Online marketing techniques like social networking, emailing and blogging are useful and involve little to no direct costs.
- Entrepreneurs' guide to social media
This free guide can help you develop a social media strategy for your business to attract, engage, and retain customers.
- Register on Canadian Company Capabilities
Increase your visibility among domestic and foreign buyers by registering on this free promotional database of over 50,000 Canadian companies.
- Developing a promotional brochure
Handing out promotional material is an important marketing activity, even in an online world.
- Business Improvement Area Handbook
Find out how you can set up a Business Improvement Area and the possible benefits for your business.
- Public relations and media relations
Learn how to spread the word about your business.
- Trade show marketing
Participating in trade shows can be worthwhile if you choose the right ones, prepare well, and follow up.
- Email marketing
Discover the advantages of marketing your business with email.
- Signs and your business
Find out what signs mean for your business, and how to use them to your advantage.
- Create compelling direct mail
Learn how to develop promotional mail that gets opened, gets read, and gets results.
- What your business can do: Go green with your mail
You can save money by adopting eco-friendly business practices. Find out how to green your mail and your direct mail marketing activities.
- Irving Shipbuilding Inc. online supplier registry
Register your business as a potential supplier of goods and services for the shipbuilding industry.
- Signature Experiences Collection
If your Canadian tourism business provides a unique experience for travellers, you could get a chance to market your product for free to key countries.
- Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism
Learn how to enhance your tourism business through developmental training programs.
- Marketing basics for the restaurant and foodservice industry
Find marketing tips, promotional ideas and advertising articles straight from Restaurants Canada.
- Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation
Find out how to market your product or service under the Ontario brand and how to reach key tourism markets.
- Tourism Industry Partnership Proposal Program
You could get financing to help your business consortium market an Ontario tourist destination to both domestic and international audiences at once.
- Date modified: